Rainy markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy markets

We had very successful markets today despite the rain! I was at my granddaughter's school bazaar...her class was supposed to sing carols, but Hazel flat out refused because her face was not finished - she had been having it painted, and the call for her class was announced, she walked right up to her teacher and said, "My face is not finished and it looks like I have on too much sunscreen, so I'm sorry but I am not going up there." The teacher looked at her for a couple of seconds and said, "well, okay."

I think some kids must have made fun of her becasuse I don't think sunscreen would have occurred to her. She wouldn't even stay in the auditorium! SO we went back to our booth and she wiped her face paint off on paper towels (ow), and sang carols to me. She was really proud to be able to sing Feliz Navidad in perfect Spanish!

So, my husband has two guitars to his name. I'll go with him tomorrow and take some of my things, and hopefully he'll sell his last two and then we can sit back and twiddle our thumbs until it's time to close.
    The manager sent out a very stern email to all vendors because evidently some people broke down early last time....a BIG no-no.

Good luck with the market today Susan - hope you sell out!

Poor Hazel, she must have been really disappointed not to be able to sing with the class but a one-to-one performance is so much more special!
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Glad it went well
      www.goodnightboutique.com

Comment

Well, I am staying home....it's cold and pouring rain and my husband said I should, and i didn't argue!

SURELY Emma will let him leave early if he sells out this morning....but if not, I told him to leave a "SOLD OUT" sign on the table and go to Starbuck's or some nearby outlet malls.

He's got a blanket and a "watch cap" and an extra jacket that's heavier, and some hand warmer thingies - you sort of snap them and they make heat for several hours.

Yesterday after the school bazaar, I went to Michael's - hundreds of people in there - you could barely move!! (EVERYthing was on sale - 40% off) I found these guitar shapes die-cut out of white cardboard - well, it's heavier than cardstock and lighter than cardboard....well anyway, they're about 2.5 feet long ....I got a pkg. of three, and I am going to print out a license plate today and trim the guitar to make it rectangular like his....I am going to decoupage some brownish beige-ish tissue paper all over it and then apply the lic. plate...see if I can make a cute little Texas Box Guitar and give it to him this evening....we could have it laminated and decorate the booth with it/them somehow...

Comment

Don't blame you for staying at home given the opportunity!

However, I am sooooo jealous - I really miss Michael's!! When my brother lived in SF, I was a regular Michael's visitor! I think its about time they went international so that I can go shopping... but thinking about it, my bank balance is probably better off with an ocean between us!!

The guitar sounds great and I am sure hubby will be thrilled when he sees what you have created for him!
          Ali x

Follow me on Twitter:
          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Poor Hazel. I bet she had a lovely singing voice when she sang for you though!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

My husband is on his way home, with both of the remaining guitars...too cold and rainy for shoppers. =(

Ali, how did you fare? Didn't you also have market today? Yes, Michael's is a fun place to spend...the day! Okay, yes...and money....especially when there's a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                My husband is on his way home, with both of the remaining guitars...too cold and rainy for shoppers. =(
                Oh no, how depressing! Rain and cold really is a killer for outdoor markets.

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                Ali, how did you fare? Didn't you also have market today? Yes, Michael's is a fun place to spend...the day! Okay, yes...and money....especially when there's a sale.
                I had a market on Saturday and had an OK day (good start then slow until later in the afternoon so it felt like a very long day) - people are still not quite in the festive mood at the moment it seems as it has been so mild but today is FREEZING so I am guessing that most will have had a sharp reminder that we are in December on their journey to work this morning!

I am back on Friday and Saturday so hopefully the Christmas spirit (read spending) will be more in evidence then. Don't want the snow though - it can stay up north (as long as it doesn't stop the family being able to travel down to us for Christmas)

Do you have any more markets Susan?
                Ali x

Follow me on Twitter:
                @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

We are done until February!! YAY!!!

I want to start a "nag buddy" club. Maybe "Nag Me Club" sounds better. Each person agrees to keep nudging their buddy along to keep them on schedule for next fall...or for any goal....I have a person lined up to nag me about my goals for January, but it may take more than one person to keep me from sluffing off....

Re the cardboard guitar - see, I didn't even finish that, and I had the whole day to myself. I just didn't want to waste printer ink printing out a license plate (and probably doing it the wrong size anyway, so having to re-do it) so I am making one out of cardstock and coloring the numbers, etc., on with Hazel's oil pastels.
                  Last edited by removed10; 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

One of the people who bought a guitar on Saturday just called and bought the last license plate one...wahoooooo!!

Comment

Yay!!! That's great!
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                      X