Jules & MrJules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jules & MrJules

Has anyone heard from Jules (Apple Tree Crafts) recently?
    Do we know how MrJules is doing?

Linda

Nope, haven't heard anything for a while - hope he's OK.
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I haven't.

HTH
      It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

I was thinking about them yesterday and thought that maybe she is just so busy with looking after him! Hopefully, she will come back on and let us know soon.

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I spoke to Jules last week and Mr Jules was at home, still high as a kite, trying to insist they went out for the day somewhere!!

He was due to have his operation in a fortnight, that was last week, so another week to go.

I think she's running round like a mad thing trying to get her stock up together etc..... and she says she's lost about half a stone (probably a stone by now) because she's joining in on Mr Jules' fat-free diet.

That was last week, anyway.
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Many thanks for that JBJB.

If you should happen to speak to her again would you pass on my best wishes for them both and say I am thinking of them?

Linda

Comment

Hello!

Thank you very much for all your concern, I do appreciate it.

Himself is home, mostly. We've had a couple of return trips to the A&E in the middle of the night.....what fun!

The op is scheduled for October 29th, with a pre-op meeting at the hospital on 22nd, and an appt with the surgeon on the 11th. When we speak to the surgeon we'll find out whether Himself needs one op or two done at the same time. He had an MRIS (scan) last week to see if there's another stone stuck in his bile duct, and we're waiting for the results.

Hopefully, it'll just be a choleocystectomy to remove the gallbladder and that can be done as a day patient, which will save me getting all het up about leaving him in the hospital.

Much to his disappointment, he's not high any more - he doesn't need the pethidine. The fat free diet is working well (for both of us!) but it's costing the earth feeding him blinkin' pheasant and venison and all that low fat meat. He's not much of a fish eater, and prawns are banned...

We're still going ahead with Chippie this coming Saturday, and very much looking forward to a good day out! I am most glad the NHS chose the 29th to operate - it's in between craft fairs!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                Thank you very much for all your concern, I do appreciate it.

I am most glad the NHS chose the 29th to operate - it's in between craft fairs!

Jules
                How very very good of them.

It's great to hear from you.
                thinking of you both!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi Jules

Great to hear from you and I'm so glad that himself is coping OK at the moment.

Hope everything goes well on the 22nd and the 29th. Keep us updated when you can.

Linda

Comment

Glad you're both ok (well relatively speaking!)
                    Good luck for the op Mr Jules
                    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Hope it all goes well - fingers crossed that the Craft Fairs do well too!

Comment

Chin-up Jules, thinking of you
                        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Just catching up with posts and seen this one!

Jules, its nice to hear from you and glad to hear that you are both 'coping'. Hopefully the 29th will be here before you know it and then its the healing part.

Wow, one day for his op! My sister had her gall bladder removed years ago (think it was about 30) and she actually was sent to a convelesent (spelling, ops) home for about 3 weeks.......it took her weeks to get over her op! 1 day is great!

Just make sure you keep looking after yourself as well and good luck with your craft fairs!

Pauline
                          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

**Update**

Just to say that we went to the hospital today to get the results of the MRIS.

Thankfully, Himself just needs the one operation. They are going to do keyhole surgery and remove his gallbladder. They don't have to take any stray stones out of his bile duct using a tube down into his stomach via his throat.

We are hugely relieved, although not really looking forward to Op day on 29th. At least, fingers crossed, it'll all go to plan and it'll be day surgery, and my best beloved will be home by teatime!

Phew!

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts
                            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks for the update Jules. Fingers are still crossed for the 29th and sending healing vibes already.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X