BIG Spider!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Spider!!!

I just went into the kitchen and there is a big, and I mean MASSIVE spider in there luckily it was sat in a plastic box I had laying around so I've put the lid on so he can't get out. He is seriously big I've never seen anything like it and it's actually got me shaking, I'd say each leg is about 2-3 inches long and hairy!

I'm sat here now and my imagination is doing overtime, I get some parcels from Thailand and now I'm thinking what if he's some deadly foriegn spider that came in with my latest parcel...tell me that I'm getting carried away please and someone please reassure me that household spiders can get that big.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Oh my god, yes household spiders can get that big!!!!! Horrible things that they are <shivers>!!

Poor you - have you calmed down a bit now? I know I would have been in a right mess.

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

There was a thread about this a while ago. Read my reply and it will reassure you!

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...hlight=Spiders

Cheers

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Before I open that thread Lisa, tell me there are no spider pictures there please??

<shiver, shiver>

Pauline

Comment

I'm interested to see a picture of this spider...

We have tarantulas at work, so spiders don't bother me that much.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Heebie Jeebie time.

Can't stand spiders - whatever their size!

I won't go in our shed in the garden because there is the most ENORMOUS web with an egg-sac in it.

When I was changing the bedding one time I felt something tickle the bottom right of my cheek (yes, I still know precisely where it was) and just thought it was a bit of thread or something. Then it moved. I brushed my face and flung this huge spider across the room. I'm shuddering just remembering it. I spent the whole day rubbing the spot on my face where it had been.

I have been known to get my father-in-law to come down the road to get rid of spiders for me when hubby is on a night shift!

My friend always scoffs "oh, you're much bigger than it is .... it's more scared of you.... blah, blah. blah" so then I just say "snake" to her and she turns into a quivering wreck!

Pathetic aren't we?
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Before I open that thread Lisa, tell me there are no spider pictures there please??

<shiver, shiver>

Pauline
              Nope no pictures of spiders you are safe come out from under the bed - cause that's where the spiders hide - WWWWOOOOOOO.

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post

Please tell me you work in a zoo or a pet shop???? otherwise I would hate to think where you do work!!

Pauline

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                  Nope no pictures of spiders you are safe come out from under the bed - cause that's where the spiders hide - WWWWOOOOOOO.

Lisa

A certain somebody not very far away from this thread is looking for a smacked leg little lady!!!

Pauline
                  Hehe.

Comment

I know what you mean

I know it might difficult, but try to take a picture & post it on line, (with question) my mind is going soft, i cant remember the name of the site?? maybe then someone can tell you its nothing to worry about.
                    My daughter has got the real thing, well several of them, when i went to visit her, she proudly held this huge tarantula, saying you hold it mum,
                    my heart was in my throat watching this thing crawl up my arm, for days i was sure i could still feel it!!!
                    I wont kill anything, like you, i capture it & release it out side, away from the house, but i am sure they get back before me, i have a Big field spider in the kitchen & i cant reach it, i ams sure its growing!!! long legs big body (about the size of a tenpence coin) is that like yours,
                    Julie xx

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                      There was a thread about this a while ago. Read my reply and it will reassure you!

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...hlight=Spiders

Ooh Lisa that sounds like my spider ta for the link

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post

If I get brave enough (which I doubt) I'll get a picture but it will involve taking the lid off the tub so will probably wait til hubby gets home...bet he'll be too scared too.

Once we have the piccy I'll PM it over to you Indri as I don't think I'll be too popular if I post it here on the forum

Comment

Picture! Picture! Picture! Picture!

Post it in the forum!! The title of the thread is enough to put people off.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

House spiders are massive these days and Im sure they are getting bigger. Im sure someone once told me they grow to the size of their environment. Im not sure that is true but unlucky if you have a big house
                            Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                            My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                            My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

did put put a spider pic on here but thought id delete it in case someone had a heart attack, wasnt that big really
                              Last edited by caketopper; 20-09-2007, 03:32 PM.
                              Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                              My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                              My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X