A little notariety!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little notariety!

This is SO COOL. A man from Washington (state) just called and talked to my husband about a license plate guitar for his son, who is in a band called Plead the Fifth. My husband asked how he heard of us, and he said he saw one of the guitars onstage in Oregon! He liked it so much, and it flashed so well in the spotlights, that he found the guy after the show and asked about it, and he told him it was a Texas Box Guitar! Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

That was one of the first guitars my husband sold - during SxSW...to a guy in a band from Oregon...

This man said the guitar looked terrific and sounded great onstage. WAY COOL!!!!

Plead the Fifth apparently opened for Cheap Trick in Bristol in June, so not an obscure band...

Wow, is my husband beaming!!!

Okay, now that my soap cottage is finished (finished enough to get started again), I will have to start putting a free bar of soap in every guitar package...may as well!! =O
    Last edited by removed10; 26-07-2011, 11:55 PM.

Bristol, Gloucestershire? Or somewhere in America? Either way - cool! Great when people go out of their way to track down your stuff. Congratulations.

Comment

The one in the UK...Bristol, Gloucestershire....

This is really great - excellent publicity! The more people who see them, the more they might do the same and track us down. VERY cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
        Okay, now that my soap cottage is finished (finished enough to get started again), I will have to start putting a free bar of soap in every guitar package...may as well!! =O
        Haha. As long as they don't think you are suggesting that they are part of "The Great Unwashed".
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You'll have to name it rock star soap!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

That is really great! Good luck with getting more stories like that!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

That is fantastic - global success is well deserved - those guitars are fab (sorry if Walter's head just expanded a few more inches!)

You could make up a little promo package of your soap with details about your company and a sample included to put in with all the sales - why not, if it brings in a few sales for you too that would be brill. You could also make up a list of the other things you offer like the guitar straps with price list and ordering information. Upselling is a great tool (I use it a lot at shows!)

Many congratulations.
              Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
              Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
              Follow me on Twitter:
              @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Well my son's been flashing his (guitar - I kept the soap ) around Cardiff which in my geographically warped head (if I'm driving 2 and a half hours to see one son in Bristol, might as well do another 45 minutes to see the other one in Cardiff) ....are right next to each other so that area could become the cigar box guitar capital of the world.

Well done Walter and I hope you are enjoying basking in the glow he radiating.

Rock star soap - I really like that........

Comment

Brilliant news! You can now advertise as "international". I hope there are many more such occurrences and you will soon be sending guitars (and soap!) all over the world.

Linda

Comment

Thanks everyone - he went out to his shed at barely first light and went to work!

Sadly nothing ever came of the trip to Ireland one woman made with her guitar (license plate, not a cigar box) and band. We were convinced we'd get orders then...

Annie, I hope your son is enjoying playing slide! Did he pick it up pretty easily? I remember you said he was quite musically talented.

Rock Star Soap....yes.....it has great possibilities....I like it!

Comment

A chip off the old block, is that son of mine.....I told him of the rock star status Walter's guitars are achieving and he said....
                      Hey, if Walter becomes a world famous guitar maker like a Stradivarius of the cigar box world, I'll have one of the first ones he made and it'll be worth a fortune. Sorted!

(The context for Cosmic is he's temporarily (I hope) back home in the hotel of mum and dad, working on his disertation to ( fingers crossed) finish his Master's degree with a distinction. So I popped my head into his bedroom to find him hard at work at........playing the guitar.................(His mathematical calculations had spilt out of the computer screen and his head was bursting )

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieAnna View Post
                        Hey, if Walter becomes a world famous guitar maker like a Stradivarius of the cigar box world, I'll have one of the first ones he made and it'll be worth a fortune. Sorted!

We'll keep our fingers crossed!

(The context for Cosmic is he's temporarily (I hope) back home in the hotel of mum and dad, working on his disertation to ( fingers crossed) finish his Master's degree with a distinction. So I popped my head into his bedroom to find him hard at work at........playing the guitar.................(His mathematical calculations had spilt out of the computer screen and his head was bursting )
                        Both my son and husband escape into their guitars...they look a lot like they're in a trance, don't they!

Tell your son we wish him every success with his dissertation!! I'm sure it's tiring and stressful. Soooooo....he'll be a math prof at some university? Do research somewhere? Or start up a rock band... =D

Comment

Hey, fab news Susan, next the world
                          My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Hey Susan, BIG congratulations to Walter and of course behind every successful man is a hard working woman so bravo to you too. Hope he gets lots of PR from the commission and masses of orders.

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk
                            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Didn't think rock stars washed LOL or was that just in the good old days ?

Mo.XX
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk
                              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                              X