Goats Do Roam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goats Do Roam

No, not mine - although they'd like to. I saw Garth chewing on the latch to his pen in anticipation of Starry One Horn coming of age next month...

No, this is a wine company! My husband goes to the recycling center and gets free wine bottles to make slides from, for his slide guitars. He brings home some interesting labels - have you looked at the names on wine bottles at the store? Red Truck, Barefoot, Fat Bastard. But yesterday he found a bottle with Goats Do Roam on it, so he brought it home for me to see. Cute label!

It's a South African wine company. I don't know what I'll do with the bottle...maybe put it on one of my booth tables and put flowers in it?

Never heard of that wine before!! Do you collect the labels? You could have a very interesting collection if you did!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thats one of the things we noticed when in The States. The Beer etc., has some very odd names, some of them rude too.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I suppose it's a pplay on words with Côtes du Rhône. Very clever!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I wish I had a brain like yours, I never even got near it. lol.
          Carol

Comment

It was only when I actually read it out loud I realised!
            View my flickr

Comment

well done Indri!!

so do cows http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wxIhh_V-cVA
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks for that Karen. I did have a good laugh. OH thinks I have gone mad sitting here laughing to myself. (He is tidying up in the kitchen, I'm no fool either.)
                Carol

Comment

That's so clever! I love it!
                  View my flickr

Comment

Amazing! And that is exactly what Garth is doing, and also scraping at it with his teeth. But this is a spring latch so he has to push the bar in and then unhook it - I don't think he can do it but you never know!

Amazing! Côtes du Rhône! That IS clever!! Very good Indri!! At the Goats Do Roam website, they said something about their Saanen goats roaming around.... Now what is it called when words sound the same/similar like that?? I think there's a name for it.

I don'y buy all these wines, and it's murder trying to get labels off in good condition, though a collection would be fun. I just buy one of the local wines. We have locally brewed beer and ale, too, and local vodka.

I grow Champanelle grapes (6 vines) but don't have much this year due to drought, heat, and deer...SOME day I'll try making something stronger than grape juice. They are SO flavorful.

Comment

Working...
                    X