Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The budget 2011 how will it affect the craft market ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The budget 2011 how will it affect the craft market ?

Well some good news corp tax is going down to 23% for those like me who run a limited company..

Please post good/bad bits from the budget here

Last edited by 0103media; 23-03-2011, 04:05 PM. Reason: a not e

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

As he concluded his speech, Mr Osborne said: “We want the words ‘Made in Britain,’ ‘Created in Britain,’ Designed in Britain,’ ‘Invented in Britain’ to drive our nation forward.

Well, let's hope the buying public agree?

jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I agree Jane this is something that needs to be hammered home, 'Buy British'

Comment

[QUOTE=greannancrafts;436436]As he concluded his speech, Mr Osborne said: “We want the words ‘Made in Britain,’ ‘Created in Britain,’ Designed in Britain,’ ‘Invented in Britain’ to drive our nation forward.

Hand made in Britain, OOAK created in Britain, individually designed in Britain, individually invented in Britain...sounds even better GO, GO HAND CRAFTERS EVERYWHERE!!!

Ya' gotta excuse me, I'm in Texas, but the sentiment is the same everywhere - BUY HANDMADE!!! HOME MADE HAND MADE!!!! =)
        Last edited by removed10; 23-03-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

OK, going to show complete ignorance here but I never fully understand budgets and what it is going to mean to me (or everyone else). I can only hope that the buying public will be encouraged to buy British, buy local and encourage small businesses to try to build things back up again.

Whilst the cut in fuel duty is certainly very welcome (especially as my husband drives a black taxi for a living so any increase in fuel prices hit us very, very hard) I will reserve judgement on this until I actually see the oil companies reducing prices at the pumps. The increase in income tax threshold is a good thing in our house (we are both self employed so on low incomes) but I do worry a little that some may find themselves worse off due to being pushed into a higher tax bracket. I know had I still been in my old job, I would be paying out a frightening amount of income tax now.

There is always a nervous cloud over the country whenever there is a budget or election looming so hopefully people will be buoyed by the positives enough to relax and be inclined to think more about buying wonderful British-made items rather than cheap, mass-produced goods from overseas. If this does happen then surely the British craft industry will benefit.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
          Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
          Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
          Follow me on Twitter:
          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Working...
          X