Good luck all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck all!

Good luck to everyone who has a market this weekend!! Hopefully this giant moon tomorrow evening (Sat.) will pull on everyone's wallets. Let the money flow!!

My husband has just gone to fill the gas tank and get a bag of ice for the cooler...he ALWAYS leaves this for the morning....what's it mean??

Today's market sadly wasn't great. There was a car accident right outside the venue, so the police closed the whole road that leads to the entrance! They were turning traffic away. So consequently, the market was half empty and I didn't sell very much.

I'll go and look at the moon, that might cheer me up!
    Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
    http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

Well that's a shame...especially for the people in teh wreck...

We had a good day - three guitars, three slides, and ONE bar of soap. =/

It was quite warm and VERY windy all day long...so tiring. And so dusty, since we're in major drought/wildfire conditions. =P

When we first arrived, we saw Cowrie's tent all set up...a great relief...she's from Japan. But when she walked up and I asked about her family, she burst into tears...everyone is fine but they've had a rough time, and now she's trying to get a plane ticket TO japan to get her 92 year old mother and bring her here to live.
      Last edited by removed10; 20-03-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

How awful for your Japanese friend the worry must be horrendous - hopefully she had a good day and was kept busy to help her to think about something else just for a moment.

Claire - how annoying that the road had to be closed but hopefully everyone was OK.
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hearing about Susan's Japanese friend puts things in perspective though! A bad morning at the market is small beer compared to some people's problems!

Susan, I think the people in the car accident were all OK, but the police had to close the road to clear away the wrecked cars.
          Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
          http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
          http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

You won't believe this. Yesterday, there was this young man - prolly about 19 - who was looking at the guitars for about 15 minutes...his girlfriend had been by earlier and sent him over - she was coming and going while he was looking...finally the guy asks how much the cigar box guitars are (no one can see the signs or price tags, apparently) and my husband told him. The guy looks in his wallet and says he is about 40 dollars short. My husband...says...you can just send me the rest.

WHAT!!!???

That's right - he told the guy he could send him the rest. So the guy says, ''well in that case I want a license plate one.'' (They're more expensive.)

My husband says, ''okay which one.'' (Sheeze)

The guy says he wants the one that has the strap.

I jump up and say "The strap is extra..."

''How much?''

"$14.00."

''Oh, well I'll take this one then." (points to another guitar...doesn't realize the strap is not permanent...???)

Then he asks if the slide is included...

Me - "no, it's $10."

Guy - "Do you really need one to play?"

"Yes, if you're going to play slide."

''I'll just get one at the store."

"Okay but they're twice as much at the store."

Guy smirks.

I am giving my husband the dirtiest look while he HAS THE GUY write down his contact info - address and phone number - no driver's license...CRIKEY.

The guy walks off, grinning and grateful...

Think we'll ever see the $144 he owes us???

WHAT GOT IN TO MY HUSBAND???

Place your bets now. I seriously doubt the guy will ever send the rest...but hopefully he will.

Comment

Ooh, I'd like to think so (there really still are honest people in this world!) but I think I would be annoyed too, especially bearing in mind the amount in question. Have to say that I am pretty strict on full payment up front even for orders. I am fortunate that I can take credit cards for those customers who want to buy a lot but don't have much cash on them.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you - do keep us up to date! (Did your husband discuss a time limit with him to know when he will send the rest? Is he needing to wait for his next payday before sending?)
              Ali x

Follow me on Twitter:
              @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

My husband had an email address for the guy, so yesterday he sent him a bill, wondering if it would bounce back. BUT, tra la, he got a reply from the guy - he said he had meant to send the payment last week but forgot and would send it this week for sure...we shall see!! But it was encouraging that he did at least give his real email address!

Comment

Hi Susan,
                  what a trusting man your hubby must be, I have done somthng similar,I got the money eventually but it was not great. I won`t do that again
                  sally

Comment

My husband is not going to do this again, for sure.

Also, amazingly enough, he found the guy on FB!!!

Comment

WELL, WELL! The guy's check arrived today!!! Wahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow. Its like my old Mum used to say. If you fell down the toilet you would come up smelling of roses. lol. I am pleased for you.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Well, we did this time...and i have told him NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                            WELL, WELL! The guy's check arrived today!!! Wahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
                            Well, well, well! My faith in human goodness is restored again! (Which I am really pleased about as I always try to see the good in people rather than the bad - it is a bit difficult sometimes though!)

Hopefully hubby has been holding his breath too (probably secretly!) so won't fancy doing that again either!

Really pleased for you - that was a lot of money to lose...
                            Ali x

Follow me on Twitter:
                            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Just a thought. Don't celebrate too soon it hasn't cleared yet.
                              Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X