new designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new designs

My husband is having fun trying new designs - he's made the bottom bigger for better balance and got a whole new design for the headstock.

bigger bottom.JPG

headstock.JPG

Like the new TBG logo?

And here, Hazel helps Papa, with the really tiny screws - she's better at picking up one at a time than Pop. She SO wants to do "wood stuff" and build an entire guitar...he has a cute lunch box to make one for her, but no time...

hazy helps.jpg

His work really is terrific, Susan. The logo is brilliant - is that stamped on?

I really, really like the new design with the bigger bottom (I have an affinity to those! )
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Cool I bet that they are really popular over in the States. They would do well over here too i'm sure.

My small collection of guitars is a bit more 'old school'... I have a Gallagher Doc Watson model , a Gibson J45 and a Scheerhorn Resonator.
      Last edited by potpartner; 14-03-2011, 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling again
      http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

Comment

Hiya Ali, honey!

The logo is a water decal. Murder to apply.

He not only flared the bottom out on the sides, but made the wood across the very bottom a little thicker - it really balances out the heavy maple neck, especially since he's making the headstock wider. He's having lots of fun using diff woods for the trim, too. He gets bored doing the same thing all the time.

Got a market this weekend? We'll be at our usual Gruene Market.

Comment

Originally posted by potpartner View Post
          My small collection of guitars is a bit more 'old school'... I have a Gallagher Doc Watson model , a Gibson J45 and a Scheerhorn Resonator.
          My husband's motto - you can never have too many guitars! =)

You wouldn't believe how many some people have - one guy said he had 21. Omigosh!!

Comment

Truly beautiful peices of work.
            If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
              My husband's motto - you can never have too many guitars! =)
              I know of one person in this household who may not agree with that but she's outnumbered because our son has a few choice guitars and mandolins as well. she likes the music though and that's cool

Comment

Ah yes...our son has three guitars and a mandolin...husband has three guitars. I was thinking of making muslin dust covers for them, to sell at market...wonder how that would go over? =D

Comment

Originally posted by Bogwell4018 View Post
                  Truly beautiful peices of work.
                  Thanks, I will tell him!

Comment

Ah yes...our son has three guitars and a mandolin...husband has three guitars. I was thinking of making muslin dust covers for them, to sell at market...wonder how that would go over? =D
                    Actually bespoke padded gig bags could be a winner... they're always useful at picking week ends as it saves carrying instruments around in their heavier hard cases.

Zips are not needed just some means of tying them up would be fine.

Comment

great work

the logo is really good
                      Last edited by nattynetty; 17-03-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by potpartner View Post
                        Actually bespoke padded gig bags could be a winner... they're always useful at picking week ends as it saves carrying instruments around in their heavier hard cases.

Zips are not needed just some means of tying them up would be fine.
                        My daughter and I are on it! She's ordering some heavy-ish quilted fabric...

There is a "pick-in" coming up ... Pickin' for the Record, June 26th at the Texas State Capitol -

http://voicesofagratefulnation.org/

They require that you play a six string guitar, so my husband is going to have two made by then, one for him and one for our son, and they will attend.

Comment

Hiya Ali, honey!

The logo is a water decal. Murder to apply.

He not only flared the bottom out on the sides, but made the wood across the very bottom a little thicker - it really balances out the heavy maple neck, especially since he's making the headstock wider. He's having lots of fun using diff woods for the trim, too. He gets bored doing the same thing all the time.

Got a market this weekend? We'll be at our usual Gruene Market.
                          Sorry Susan, only just seen your post - hope you have had a great market this weekend. I don't have anything until next weekend and then we're back to normal - most weekends covered for the forseeable future! I am using this rare time off to try to build up stock and make a ton of new designs.

I haven't used water decals for years but remember they are really fiddly - especially if you are doing a few (good exercise in patience!)

Covers would definitely be a winner - the suggested padded ones even more so as it would be tragic for these works of art to get damaged - natural wear from use looks great but that only comes with time! My husband's favourite instrument to listen to is a mandolin...
                          Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                          Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                          Follow me on Twitter:
                          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

There is a "pick-in" coming up ... Pickin' for the Record, June 26th at the Texas State Capitol -

http://voicesofagratefulnation.org/

They require that you play a six string guitar, so my husband is going to have two made by then, one for him and one for our son, and they will attend.
                            Great stuff how many pickers do they need to break the record then ?. Sorry i can't be there to join in

Comment

I think the record in 2010 was 6,000 players. Whoa!

I made a video with my phone today, but it doesn't play, on my blog!! My husband is asleep or I would get him to help me...but by tomorrow surely I'll have it figured out...

wait...I think i may have figured it out...though I think you have to download it, you can't just watch it on my blog...hmmmm....

http://cosmicgoatsoap.com/wordpress/
                              Last edited by removed10; 21-03-2011, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X