Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone booked their summer holidays yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone booked their summer holidays yet?

While I'm sat here freezing under a blanket I thought it might be nice to think about the summer...I hear it is coming but who knows when eh?

So has anyone booked their summer holiday yet and if so where are you going?

We went away to the Canaries back in January as DH suffers from SAD so a bit of winter sun does wonders for him (can't say I object to sunning myself while everyone back home is wrapped in winter woolies either ) so we tend to just have the odd day or two away the rest of the year.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Rather glad I'm not the only one freezing!!! Not that I'd wish it on anyone!!! I've so many layers on and am still freezing, yet it looks so lovely outside. Apparently its cold everywhere. My aunt is in Portugal just now and she says its quite cold. We're going out to our apartment (in P)in a few weeks time - I just hope it has warmed up LOADS by then. It's getting booked up for the summer quite quickly so don't know if we'll get back out again this year or not... We might go to Switzerland for a few days in the summer if the piggybank allows it. ....

I'm away to see about flight prices.... mmm...

Comment

Whats a Holiday?

Drew
      Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
      our Facebook page
      follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

Originally posted by HandyWoodcrafts View Post
        Whats a Holiday?
        Aw that's made me sad. My Nan (bless her) still gives me pocket money every week* so I put that away in one of those unopening piggy banks and that's my holiday, I'm the queen of bargain deals so that definitely helps too (Canaries holiday only cost £85 each )

*my brother is 40 next year and he still gets his pocket money too

Comment

WE are off to the same field in Norfolk with the same tent as the last few years. I'm sure I shall freeze like I do every time we go and I'm sure it will rain like it does every time we go, but I shall build a big campfire and take extra socks and sleep in full thermal long johns under my jarmies and I shall read a book till the light fades and then I'll look longingly and lustfully at the camper vans with their snuggly warm interiors before zipping us into the tent and trying to sleep with snuffling hedgehogs, chilly drafts and the steady pitter patter of rain, but I shall enjoy it and savour the happy memories.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

phew..sounds like hard work to me Karen, I gave up camping when the kids came along.

me? I'm off to Benidorm, in September, was gonna book for Tunisia just as everything was about to kick off so changed it at the last minute,
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac Moon Designs View Post
              phew..sounds like hard work to me Karen, I gave up camping when the kids came along.

me? I'm off to Benidorm, in September, was gonna book for Tunisia just as everything was about to kick off so changed it at the last minute,
              I didn't start camping till the kids came along. Can you just picture it. I had a Fiat 125, almost a 4 seater with the engine in the boot. We used to line the bonnet with a sheet and pack all the clothes straight into it and the tent went on a roof rack. Me and three kids ranging from 14 down to 4 heading for the New Forrest. We only managed it a couple of years or so as they outgrew the car. lol.
              Nothing planned for this year yet.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

We have been camping now for 7 years. The first year especially we learnt a lot of camping lessons. We get better each year. One year it will be dry and sunny I know it will .... that's why we've not given up yet.
                It's very famous five wild camping where we go. masses of open space, no set pitches or on site entertainment, just basic loos and showers and a camp shop which consists of a table with secondhand books, marsh mellows and potatoes. and camp fires are allowed. You are never on top of each other and it's really laid back!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Sounds ideal. Never did like the over commercial camp sites. The very last time we went to The New Forrest we had borrowed a tent from the local PTA as we had an extra child with us. The first four days were glorious sunshine all the way, the fifth day the heavens opened and the tent was like a collender we had to come home as everything we possessed was soaked.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Whereabouts in Norfolk do you go Karen? We went camping in Norfolk with school when we were 14 - some of my best memories

We've managed camping twice as a couple - first time was in Scotland where it tipped it down, DH got very grumpy and we ended up in B&B's for the 2nd week. Managed to persuade him to try it one more time, went to Dorset for 2 nights where it was lovely and sunny and he nearly enjoyed himself - that was about 10 years ago and I haven't managed to talk him into since

Comment

No holidays for me still recovering from being ripped off 2 years ago.
                      A friend has just moved out to Tenerife so if things improve towards the end of the year ma be able to make a visit. Have to go when the sun isn't as strong as I have a slight intolerance to the sun.

Am off to do a Mind Body Spirit Fair in Bristol this weekend, only going as I have friends down there and it is nice to catch up and a break from the everyday madness.

Comment

Originally posted by xavtia View Post
                        A friend has just moved out to Tenerife so if things improve towards the end of the year ma be able to make a visit. Have to go when the sun isn't as strong as I have a slight intolerance to the sun.
                        Oooh Ryanair do some brilliant deals for out of season flights to Tenerife you've just got to keep your eyes out! I got my flights to Lanzarote for £30 return (booked about 6 weeks ahead) and you can easily pack everything in your hand luggage so no expensive check-in bags A brilliant website to find cheap flights is www.skyscanner.net

Sorry to hear you were ripped off 2 years ago

Comment

We're off to the Italian lakes in July. Looking forward to it Hoping for plenty of sunshine too!!
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

went to cyprus in january ...off to dublin in march for my birthday ...2weeks later to venice for 6days looking at cheap flights for spain in sept/october to visit friends

Comment

less than six weeks to go for me. Three and a half lovely weeks in the sun
                              george
                              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
                              X