Markets this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markets this weekend?

Anyone have a market this past weekend? We did really well, despite Saturday being a very gray day and drizzly all morning. I sold FOUR bars of soap, and my husband sold 5 guitars and got four custom orders, so we are as happy as can be.

My husband now has three stores wanting to carry his guitars, and he's getting a really big head over it. But he can barely keep up as it is, just with making custom orders and inventory for our regular market. He is now thinking about having me do a couple of minor tasks in the "production line." Oh dear.

Also, the busier he is, the less time there is for him to work on my craft cottage... =P Good things come to those who wait... =P =P

This coming weekend we will visit the new market we think we want to do (near), and see what it's like.

What a great start to the year, Susan! Sounds like hubby is going to be permanently in his workroom!!!! I am really pleased for both of you that business seems to be going well. Long may it continue!

I have a fair on Sunday then my regular market on the following Saturday (which was a disaster earlier this month so hopefully it will be much better next time!)
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
      Sounds like hubby is going to be permanently in his workroom!!!!

Works for me! When he was laid off, it was rather stressful having him home all day long, every single day...heh

Long may it continue!

I've got a sneaking feeling that this is going to be a good year for all crafters...I just feel like things are ready to change, re the economy...

I have a fair on Sunday

Good luck!!

then my regular market on the following Saturday (which was a disaster earlier this month so hopefully it will be much better next time!)
      Yes, this time it will be awesome, you'll see!! You've had your disaster for the year...got that out of the way...ours is somewhere still ahead of us. But at least everyone's allowed only one this year. I dreamed about it.

Comment

Hope your predictions are right, Susan!

I could certainly do with a great year this year (and I know I am not alone on that one).

Hopefully we will all have a fab year for sales....
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I was at my twice monthly Farmers' Market on Saturday. I usually do well there but the last couple of times it has been kinda slow. Mind you, at this time of year the weather's awful and I think people are still paying off their credit cards from Christmas. So I've only taken half of what I usually take. I'm sure it'll improve as the year goes on.
          Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
          http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
          http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

Working...
          X