First market of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First market of the year

This weekend...and its going to be around 23؛C and sunny! Should be conducive to people coming out to shop!

I always have to review my notes on how to get ready for market, after a break...

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
    This weekend...and its going to be around 23؛C and sunny! Should be conducive to people coming out to shop!

I always have to review my notes on how to get ready for market, after a break...
    We stand at our farmers Markets all year and have been pleased with January and February so far - good luck
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks...we do this market all year except January - they close for January.

My soap kitchen has not been worked on in a good while so I don't have very much to sell (try to sell). When my husband asked "where's all your soap?" (WHAT???) and i said well, I haven't made any as some people MIGHT have noticed, since there's no inside to my soap kitchen...he went to the store and got the stuff to set up my plastic sink...and he found the "perfect" counter top (i.e. dirt cheap) and got it...it is so ugly - pink and gray splotched, to look like granite (I wanted white counters), but oh well, whatever, as long as it gets put in, and soon. I wonder if you can successfully paint a counter top - it's one of those resin things, with plywood underneath. It would prolly not stay painted very well...and might feel weird.

Comment

Good luck with the market Susan. I did my first of the year last weekend and was amazed by how disorganised I'd become with everything I usually take with me. I normally have absolutely everything organised ready to go in the garage and it takes about 10 minutes to load the car. Stuff was everywhere - and I'd utilised my Gridwall display for studio storage!!!

There are paints available that claim they cover and stick to just about everything but in my experience they're not quite as good as they claim to be! I would imagine a counter top might get a bit of wear and tear too, which might make it worse.
        digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
        blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
        hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
        blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Good luck Susan, sell loads
          My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Good luck this weekend Susan - like Wendy, I was completely disorganised at the first show of the year - it took even longer than usual to get set up as we had forgotten where everything went!

In a way, it was good as we managed to whittle down some of the excess stuff we had in trolleys and lugged around last year without using. I am trying to build up stock for this year but it is really hard to know what to make when I haven't had that direct feedback for a while. I am assuming my best sellers from last year will be the same and making lots of those but I may find it completely different this year when it really gets going!

Isn't it amazing how quickly we forget these things after a short break!

As for your counter tops, I saw a great craft studio the other day where the desk had been painted white and covered with a glass top so it was really easy to keep clean. Might be worth a try (I like the fact that if you fancy a different colour, you can whip the glass off, repaint and then replace the glass on top!)
            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
            Follow me on Twitter:
            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

We are totally disorganized but determined to get it all together by tonight and then load it up tomorrow afternoon.

That's a good idea for many counter tops, but I'm afraid glass might not do in this situation. It's a kitchen type counter and will have lots of heavy pots and pans set down on it without a lot of ''care.'' I can see me breaking the glass right and left!

I'm afraid I'm stuck with it. Well, at least it won't show stains.

Comment

Perhaps you could get some safety glass which won't break? You'll probably find the colour it is now will grow on you when everything is decorated up - and if not, just spill loads of different colours on it!!

Have a great weekend - glad to hear things have warmed up for you!
                Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                Follow me on Twitter:
                @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

My husband said "If it's anything like in the kitchen, it'll be covered with so much stuff you won't be able to see the pink and gray." Ha. Ha.

We've been out in the wind putting up our tent, which is good practice (yipee) and spray painting the weights, and making sure everything we need is there. What we need is one small shed that we unload everything into after a market, and nothing else ever gets put in there...maybe the huz and the boy can build that this summer...

Comment

Hope you have a great day at the market, and its great that your weather is warming up and the snow is long gone.
                    sally

Comment

Hope it goes well for you.

Weather sounds good "23؛C and sunny" our temperature wouldn't reach that this week if I added all the days together. LOL

Comment

Thanks all! We're really hoping the weather forecast doesn't change...

Comment

Working...
                        X