Not quite sure what to say!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite sure what to say!!!!

This happened at a craft fair on Sunday.. a mother an little girl came up to my stall, the little girl pointed to a pink fairy bath fizzer and said to her mum "Can I have one of those for my bath?" The mother replied "No, it will dissolve in the water" How do you respond to that? - I just stood there with a bemused look on my face
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

LOL!! Oh dear.
    Sounds like a mum thats had a bad day.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Tee hee!

Not a lot you can say to that one!
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Classic comment!!

Comment

LOL. If it had been one of my kids im sure they would have come up with a very good reply.
          http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Ow I get something similar - they come up to my stall - go ooooohhhh your candles are lovely - but- I've got more candles than I know what to do with - it takes me all my willpower not to say "well go and burn the f***ing things then s**t for brains!!" but I don't I just smile at them politely and wish them a good day.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hi Lisa

You made me smile this morning, thank you.
              Last edited by Annette; 26-07-2007, 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling as usual
              Annette

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                Ow I get something similar - they come up to my stall - go ooooohhhh your candles are lovely - but- I've got more candles than I know what to do with - it takes me all my willpower not to say "well go and burn the f***ing things then s**t for brains!!" but I don't I just smile at them politely and wish them a good day.

Cheers.

Lisa

Haha that's funny.
                I go round friends houses and they have the very same candles sitting on the mantlepiece month after month gathering dust.
                Why do people do that??
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lisa - very funny!

I was once next to a potter lady and as well as her range of cups, plates etc, she had a basket of pottery buttons on cards. There were 4 per card and they were a pound per card. They were decorated in all sorts of different styles. She told me she once did a craft fair (on a hill it would seem) where two ladies spent ages rummaging through this basket of buttons commenting on which buttons they could use for what etc. One lady turned to the other and said "so which ones are you going to get" and the other lady replied "I don't think I can be bothered to carry them down the hill" ...........................

I sell mobile phone / i-pod charms for £2 each. I had a lady say to her friend "ohhh, look, how long have I been looking for something like this?" "Ages" agreed her friend .... as they walked off.
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    Haha that's funny.
                    I go round friends houses and they have the very same candles sitting on the mantlepiece month after month gathering dust.
                    Why do people do that??

Oh-oh....
                    I'm guilty of that one
                    And the smell of burning dust is horrid!!!

Comment

You just put on your best French voice and say "You stupid woman"
                      Julia

www.enchantedceramics.com

Comment

Working...
                      X