Ain't technology brilliant? Well don BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't technology brilliant? Well don BT

As some of you may know, on Sept 1st we bought another soap business, based in Boston, Lincs.

We have been communicating with BT about having the Boston number diverted to Leicester to keep continuity for our customers - 3 weeks of emails, phone calls and nothing, despite promises from BT - nothing happened.

Today in frustration I went on Twitter and posted "come on BT - 3 weeks of trying to divert a number is not on! We are losing business"

Within in minutes, someone from BT sent me a direct message, then an email and we started communicating - they found my log of emails and phone calls and have just informed me that the diversion has now taken place - in less than 2 hours

Well done BT - credit due :-)

Now anyone phoning the Boston number will come through to our unit in Leicester - so no lost customers:-)

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Well done you Jane for knowing which buttons to press for a result.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

isnt Twitter marvellous when you need an answer! I hope it is all going well?

Chloe
      www.zazu-jewellery.co.uk
      http://zazu-jewellery.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/zazujewellery
      @zazujewellery

Comment

Well done you for being so successful that you are buying up other soap businesses!

Comment

Yes well done BT, BUT it shouldn't have to come to this!! Jane should have had this happen instantly 3 weeks ago, not have to post it on Twitter to get things sorted! All it should take is one phone call, followed by an e-mail if they want a paper trail - its not rocket science!! LOL Selina

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
            Yes well done BT, BUT it shouldn't have to come to this!! Jane should have had this happen instantly 3 weeks ago, not have to post it on Twitter to get things sorted! All it should take is one phone call, followed by an e-mail if they want a paper trail - its not rocket science!! LOL Selina
            Exactly! We have emails and snail mail letters going over the 3 weeks and kept being fobbed off all the time, one grumble on twitter and hey presto - within 1/2 hour they found my paperwork etc and pressed the button in the exchange.

Most of us with small businesses go out of our way to give excellent customer service - but our dealings with many larger corporations over the last few weeks have only added to what is already a very stressful time.

So if you have a genuine gripe with a large organisation, have a little moan on Twitter - you may just get a happy outcome:-)

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Very interesting! My relationship with BT goes back many years - a catalogue of disasters really, both for myself and my employers. Selina is so right that it shouldn't have come to that with your situation, but WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!

My most recent complaint to them was a problem with our broadband which, when they eventually tracked down the problem (having blamed our equipment again and again) resulted in them replacing hundreds of metres of cable for our entire estate. Hmmm - wasn't us plugging the wrong thing in after all then???!
              facebook: Shiny Craftwork
              Folksy :: Shiny Craftwork
              Website - ShinyCraftwork.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X