There goes my baby.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There goes my baby.......

...my little girl is in primary 7 and cause we stay in sunny Scotland her last day at primary is tomorrow.

I can't believe it I am not old enough to have 2 kids at secondary!!! - well I am but I certainly don't feel it.

I was at her last school church service yesterday, today the P7's are doing a variety show for the whole school - they have been practicing it for months and months - no teacher in put at all only the P7 pupiles. Nicola and her friend are doing a dance from our dancing display (which is tomorrow too!!), then she is being an old granny because they are doing a weakest link thing - I had to put her hair up in a bun this morning and she has taken one of my really old suits to school with her and a pair of specks to look like a granny - really funny.

Tomorrow we have booked a surprise for Nicola and 7 of her friends. When they come out of school a pink limo will be waiting to take them for the hour - thought it was quite a nice way to celebrate their last days of being the babies!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Lisa it sounds really great. lets have some photos!

I felt very strange when my boys went up to the senior school. You feel as though they will never survive, the difference from a parental point of view is scarey. With primary you can just drop in to talk to the teacher and it's all very careing, whereas with the senior schools you feel at a distance. They have so many teachers and there are so many children it'd overwhelming.
    The kids cope though ad within a couple of weeks you begin to think what the heck was I worrying about?

It's been quite funny for me because the boys go to my old schoola and have lots of my teachers who taught me 20+ years ago.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I know what you mean - at least she got 2 days induction at Boclair and she is really excited about going to the BIG school.

My son Conner is already at secondary he is going into 4th year. Like you they go to the same school I went to. They actually have the very same guidance teacher as I had. When Nicola went up for the induction days last week the teacher asked her name and he said to her I think I taught your mother and I know I am teaching your brother - she was sooooooo embarrassed cause everybody was watching (or so she says).

The changes between primary and secondary are huge, my son went from a wee boy to a big man over night (it seemed) - Nicola has got her orders in for the school uniform already, she wants 3/4 length sleeved blouse, black skirt/trousers and a black tank top!!.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

My baby starts primary school in September.

Am I a bad mum in saying I can't wait!?

All that peace and quiet while I get on with my work. No breaking away every 5 minutes to look at this, or change that.

Oh I am. I'm a bad mum aren't I?

I won't be one of those mums sniffing at the gate, I'll be going "what time is it I pick him up? See ya!"

I am sooooo bad!
        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I'm with you - no crying at the school gates!! Mind you, I had been putting my youngest on a school bus from when she was 3 to go to nursery!! (we were in germany and housing a long way from nursery so a bus did the rounds). Fortunatley all 3 of my girls have been as desperate to go to school as I was to send them!

Mind you, all that free time you think you're going to have is a myth - sure it passes at double speed to the rest of the day!
          Heidi
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/2919135...7621334751669/
          https://www.coriandr.com/shop?seller_id=886

Comment

Originally posted by Heidijw View Post
            Mind you, all that free time you think you're going to have is a myth - sure it passes at double speed to the rest of the day!
            It's not so much the time I'm looking forward to more the fact that I can start and finish a project IN ONE GO !!
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Both my boys are September babies and won't start school till 2008 and 2010.
              I work full time but they are only at nursery 4 and 3 days respectively.
              So on a Friday morning I'm out of the door with not a care in the world as husband does the childcare on a Friday

Am I a bad mother too?!!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                My baby starts primary school in September.

Am I a bad mum in saying I can't wait!?

All that peace and quiet while I get on with my work. No breaking away every 5 minutes to look at this, or change that.

Oh I am. I'm a bad mum aren't I?

I won't be one of those mums sniffing at the gate, I'll be going "what time is it I pick him up? See ya!"

I am sooooo bad!
                Not at all!! I love it when Anya isn't here in the mornings and although it sounds bad I'm really looking forward to Tara starting nursery too It's not for another 2 and a bit years but......
                Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

My youngest Mollie starts Nursery in September .... I won't know what to do with myself! .... em well I will! though I will miss her so much, she loves her cuddles ... My eldest daughter will start class one.

I think it's a long day my youngest turns 3 on Saturday, in September she will be in Nursery from 9.15 til 3.15 She also likes her sleeps! ... she'll be one of the little ones falling asleep in assembly!

Gaynor.

Comment

Originally posted by Candlebella View Post

I think it's a long day my youngest turns 3 on Saturday, in September she will be in Nursery from 9.15 til 3.15 She also likes her sleeps! ... she'll be one of the little ones falling asleep in assembly!
                    My youngest is 3 in about 3 weeks and she doesn't even go to playgroup yet. She's due to start in September, 3, 2.5 hour sessions. I will miss her, but having some 'me' time will be nice, even if I do just race around cleaning. Might spare a little time for the fourm now and again though
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

Wow...

....all you young things! I feel positively ancient!

I have one child in each education system - one nearly finished Uni, one in A Levels at college, one in secondary and one in primary school.

Lisa's children go to my old school too! The pink limo is just inspired!

I was never one of these mums who stand at the school gates crying. Doesn't help themselves or their children who get very distressed when mummy cries.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Nope never been a school gate mummy - I have always worked full time so the childminder would need to stand at the school gates but I really don't think she would be weeping for them though. I always take the kids to school when they first start and at the start of each new year - but even when they first started school I didn't cry because I saw they were too busy enjoying themselves to worry about what dear old mum was doing!!

I'll get the pictures of the limo - so dying to see her face when she comes down the hill. I don't remember my last day at primary but I remember my last day at Boclair - bunked off early - walked 2 miles home and that was it - started work on the Monday. Them were the days (yeah right!!!).

Cheers.

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                          ....all you young things! I feel positively ancient!

Jules
                          Nah - I was old when I started having the bread snatchers!!

Comment

Last Day at Boclair...

....can't say it stuck in my mind. Couldn't wait to leave such horrors as Miss Murchie, Mr Smith, & Dawson Murray behind me...but missed Dr Wham, Miss Stevens, Mrs Murray and my favourite, Mrs Ainslie. And the music teacher who taught me to sing, Mr Evans, he was lovely.

My first day sticks in my mind, but not the last. Very first lesson going into the last term of 2nd year (not year 9 as it is now) was technical drawing. I'd just moved up from the sort of english secondary school where girls did Home Ec and boy's did woodwork,metal work and techy drawing.

The teacher said put your desk up and we'll get started. Put my desk up??? Eh? Every other kid fell about laughing.....very memorable!

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts
                            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post
                              Nah - I was old when I started having the bread snatchers!!
                              Me too - I was 32 when my ankle-biter finally came along!
                              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X