Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London here I come

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • London here I come

    Well soon I will be braving London! Going to the Star Wars exhibition in London in a couple of weeks at the weekend but then on the Monday Matt and I are bringing the girls back up, who are going to grandparents and we are going back down to London - for a whole week - without the girls!!!!!!! So, not been to London for ages - what should I be doing/visiting?? Obviously I will be checking these out especially the one that spe******es in fabric! http://www.traid.org.uk/retail.html Any other good tips for charity shops?? Vintage shops? Things for Matt to do while I am shopping
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com



  • #2
    Just shop till you drop girl!!!
    Can't say fairer than that eh?!!

    Hope you have a fab time and we will miss you!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sugarandspicecrafts View Post
      Just shop till you drop girl!!!
      Can't say fairer than that eh?!!

      Hope you have a fab time and we will miss you!!!!!!!!!!
      Oh I'll still have internet access so I'll be on!!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com


      Comment


      • #4
        Well you enjoy your time without the kids in London - bliss.

        I couldn't tell you the last time I was in London - probably round about live aid (the first one) which is terrible cause my big brother lives there!!!

        Cheers.

        Lisa

        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

        Comment


        • #5
          I like London but couldn't live there all the time - people are always in such a rush and I don't like that - I'll bet we are going to be popular with a buggy and a three year old not knowing where the lifts are etc etc on the tube!!
          I'll always remember getting on the underground once ( I was a student in Canterbury) with a huge suitcase. You could see people tutting under their breath! Anyway the guy behind me wasn't going to wait til I got on so he pushed past and then stood right in my way. So I ran over his toes with my suitcase which had lots of books in it! I suggested to him that perhaps next time he should wait and to his credit he did blush - probably thought I was mentally unstable!
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com


          Comment


          • #6
            The last time I went to London was when I was working (doing a real job) and I had to go on a training course. I remember feeling like a real hick from out of town and thinking how dirty and scruffy it looked. There just seemed to be rubbish everywhere, empty coffee cups thrown on the floor. You just don't get that round here. It was at the time of Damilola Taylor getting stabbed (shows you how long ago it was) and I really didn't like it. I think it was raining too which didn't help!
            Blog Website Flickr

            Comment


            • #7
              I beleive(from the banners I saw yesterday)the SW exhibition is right by the London eye, so-
              1 London eye
              2 Dali exhibition, very nearby.
              3 Tate Modern, 20 mins walk from LE
              4 Globe Theatre, next to Tate modern
              5 Original site of the Globe, just a couple of streets away from the Globe
              6 A boat ride down the Thames, you can get one outside the Globe
              7 If youd like to look at beads, go to Earlham st, Beak St, Tower St
              8 If your after fabric, the area of Berwick st has some fabric shops(watch out its in Soho, where there are ladies of the night)
              9 Go to Planet Hollywood
              10 Go see a film in Leicester square cinemas
              11 Rock Circus in Piccadilly(if its still there)
              12 Go see a show or two
              13 Go on a Jack the Ripper tour
              14 Maybe buy a weekly ticket on one of the london bus tours, they take you to most of the top spots and may work out cheaper
              15 Go to the Royal academy and see where my sculpture should have been
              16 Go to the British Museum
              17 Beak st is at the bottom of Carnaby St,but Carnaby st isnt what it used to be, but may be worth a look
              18 Whilst walking around you may notice you are walking in places where David Tennant(or could be C Eccleston)has walked in Dr Who, also Cillian Murphy in 28 days later.
              19 I think Im just grasping at straws now so Il stop.
              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


              http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

              Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh and go see John Simm at Trafalgar Studios.
                https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                  I beleive(from the banners I saw yesterday)the SW exhibition is right by the London eye, so-
                  1 London eye
                  2 Dali exhibition, very nearby.
                  3 Tate Modern, 20 mins walk from LE -
                  4 Globe Theatre, next to Tate modern
                  5 Original site of the Globe, just a couple of streets away from the Globe
                  6 A boat ride down the Thames, you can get one outside the Globe
                  7 If youd like to look at beads, go to Earlham st, Beak St, Tower St
                  8 If your after fabric, the area of Berwick st has some fabric shops(watch out its in Soho, where there are ladies of the night)
                  9 Go to Planet Hollywood
                  10 Go see a film in Leicester square cinemas
                  11 Rock Circus in Piccadilly(if its still there)
                  12 Go see a show or two
                  13 Go on a Jack the Ripper tour
                  14 Maybe buy a weekly ticket on one of the london bus tours, they take you to most of the top spots and may work out cheaper
                  15 Go to the Royal academy and see where my sculpture should have been
                  16 Go to the British Museum
                  17 Beak st is at the bottom of Carnaby St,but Carnaby st isnt what it used to be, but may be worth a look
                  18 Whilst walking around you may notice you are walking in places where David Tennant(or could be C Eccleston)has walked in Dr Who, also Cillian Murphy in 28 days later.
                  19 I think Im just grasping at straws now so Il stop.
                  Oh lots of things to do!!
                  3 - Love the Tate Modern but Matt hates it so won't be doing that!
                  6 - NOT getting on a boat - I hate water - have a thing about drowning!
                  8 - Fabric is the magic word for me - off there then!
                  10 - the new Harry Potter is out so we may go and see that
                  12 - Booked in to see Avenue Q and Spamalot I think!
                  14 - Got an Oyster card already cos it worked out cheaper or something
                  15 - It's not going to be any good if yours isn't there
                  17 - I smell clothes!!
                  19 - No, good list thank you!!
                  Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                  My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                  My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ow would really fancy going on the Jack the Ripper tour - why do my family always call me a ghoul - go figure!!.

                    Maybe you could actually run into the very lovely David Tennant (oops here he is popping up on another thread - do you think Mr M would mind changing the name of the forum to the David Tennant Forum UK - nah I didn't think so!).

                    hehe

                    Lisa

                    Bowed Over
                    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Swirly, Im not keen on water either, hated it since I was little(yet I made myself go on a boat on the Thames, go figure)Maybe we are reincarnated Titanic people.
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                      http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                      Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                        Swirly, Im not keen on water either, hated it since I was little(yet I made myself go on a boat on the Thames, go figure)Maybe we are reincarnated Titanic people.
                        Me too! I get all freaked out near water. I keep thinking my children are going to fall in and drown. I also get very sea sick. Once i was FORCED on to a little fishing boat to go on a mini sea trip to see the birds nesting round flamborough. I showed myself up by being sick about two minutes into the trip and continuing for the rest of the twenty minutes. (I was sooooooo embarrassed!)
                        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I went on holiday with pals a few years back, we were standing on a rickety wooden pontoon that went into a lake.One of my friends thought it would be funny to grab one of the main posts holding it together and move it back and forth...I freaked!!!! Never felt a fear like it even tho the water under us couldnt have been very deep.
                          I grabbed onto my then bf and held on for dear life,I think I really embarrassed him....but if ya got a fear ya got a fear.
                          I think its more of a control thing, I can say yes to a boat ride on a sturdy boat and I can see the shore, but cant control a pontoon crashing into the water below.

                          My grandad used to live on the Isle of Wight, I used to dread the boat trip across to see him.
                          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition


                          http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X