Really chuffed with myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really chuffed with myself

I saw a really gorgeous cotton dress in TU, Sainsbury's the other day and instantly fell in love with it, however the only size they had left was a size 20 which is two sizes too big for me.

It was on the sale rail, for half price at £9 and I ummed and aahed, but decided to go for it because it was belted and it didn't look too bad.

Anyway, I got it home and decided to have a go at making it look better. I've just taken it in by an inch on either side using my overlocker, and voila, perfect fit!

Anyway, I really shouldn't be on the forum because I'm supposed to be packing for our holiday....
    Blog Website Flickr

Doesn't it feel good when you bag a bargain.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Oooh - I'm the bargain queen, me!

I went to the Matalan Factory outlet shop in the week, and bought tons of stuff that they were selling for a quid each!

And in case you're wondering, I've finished ironing all my stuff for the holiday, so coming on the forum is my "reward break" !
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

You all ready to go now then?

My mums just text me as she's flying home from the algarve in the next hour. She was so embarrassed as she put all the booze in her hand luggage and was told to put it in her suitcase instead, so her and my dad had to show the whole airport there smalls while they were trying to pad around the bottles. I had to laugh.

Hope you have a lovely holiday
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
          Oooh - I'm the bargain queen, me!

I went to the Matalan Factory outlet shop in the week, and bought tons of stuff that they were selling for a quid each!

And in case you're wondering, I've finished ironing all my stuff for the holiday, so coming on the forum is my "reward break" !
          I love a bargin - please someone tell me where the Matalan Factory Outlet shop is - I didn't know they had one.
          Willowmax
          Handcrafted Cards for Special Occassions
          www.willowmaxdesign.com

email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by willowmax View Post
            please someone tell me where the Matalan Factory Outlet shop is - I didn't know they had one.
            The one I know about is in Swindon - come off Junction 16 follow the signs for the outlet centre. Just before you come to a big roundabout, off a small dual carriage-way, there is an estate on the right with a Staples, Carpet Right I think, and the Matalan shop is opposite Staples. You have to go round the big roundabout and go back on yourself.
            Last edited by JBJB; 10-06-2007, 08:46 PM.
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Have a FAB holiday !! Hope you are taking some things to keep you busy !!
              Mel

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                Have a FAB holiday !! Hope you are taking some things to keep you busy !!
                Just my hubby and four year old!!

Can you imagine me sat on the beach making necklaces I think they'd lynch me!
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                  You all ready to go now then?
                  Just got to have a spray tan tomorrow morning - I'm determined to not look like a white whale sat on the beach!!

I've never had one before - it's a St Tropez one and I hope I don't come out looking streaky and orange!
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                    Just got to have a spray tan tomorrow morning - I'm determined to not look like a white whale sat on the beach!!

I've never had one before - it's a St Tropez one and I hope I don't come out looking streaky and orange!
                    Hang on... dont you go on holiday to get the tan.. or am I missing something ?
                    Mel

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                      Hang on... dont you go on holiday to get the tan.. or am I missing something ?
                      Nah .... the closest I get to a tan is turning bright pink for a few days and then turning even frecklier!

I don't think my legs have ever been brown!

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Ahhhh... I see...best get that St Tropez then ;-))
                        Mel

Comment

I've got lots of dresses to take in but I just haven't got round to it yet! I'll bet you are pleased with yours? Have a great holiday - we're not jealous really!
                          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Glad you got a bargain. I was in town from 11am to 6pm yesterday got nothing. I was trying on bikinis for going on holiday but every single shop I went into only had bikinis that barely covered your blushes let alone anything else.

Ended up going home totally peed off decided to pop into Asda and get a bottle of wine to cheer myself up. Ended up getting 3 lovely bikinis in there but no bargain they came to £50 - I never ever get a bargain me!!! Got the bottle of wine though - hence feeling a little under the weather in work this morning.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hope you've got a lovely St Tropez tan now and are all ready to go. I've just come back from 2 weeks in Spain and got a St Tropez spray (for the first time) before I went (much to the hilarity of husband and friends) - but it was great. Although I expect I am the only person ever to manage to come back from a fortnight of 30 degree sunshine paler than when I went out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X