Who most inspired you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who most inspired you?

I have to give some credit to my Mum She always made us clothes when we were little but the person who really inspired me was my needlework teacher. She was brilliant and it is thanks to her that I can now use my skills to make money

So, Mrs Magson, this is for you
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

I have to say my wife Nina. She was the one that saw the artistic streak when I was riding motorcycles and driving 38 ton trucks! Took a while to get rid of the macho thing, but I prefer being arty to being punchy!

Comment

Same Here.....

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
      I have to give some credit to my Mum She always made us clothes when we were little but the person who really inspired me was my needlework teacher. She was brilliant and it is thanks to her that I can now use my skills to make money

So, Mrs Magson, this is for you

My needlework teacher at Boclair - Mrs Ainslie, and my mum. They both influenced me hugely, but it was my Mum who spent ££££'s on fabrics and patterns etc, so that I could make clothes etc to my heart's delight.

Sewing is like a therapy for me (when it's going right) and if it wasn't for Himself, I couldn't get on and do it. Himself does huge amounts of housework and cooking. I never get the hoover out and I've almost forgotten how to operate the washing machine.....! Oh, yes, and he does it all without so much as a witter of complaint, bless him!

So, Himself, Mum & Mrs Monica Ainslie - A HUGE thank you to you all!

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
        My needlework teacher at Boclair - Mrs Ainslie,

Mrs Ainslie is still a home ecy teacher at Boclair - she was my sons when he was in 1st and 2nd year. Took up old school pictures on parents night, she said she remembers me and my year (well I was a bit of a tearaway so wouldn't be hard!!!).

Inspires me must I have to say my hubby. He drives me absolutely nuts most of the time but if it wasn't for his help and support I wouldn' be doing what I am now.

Cheers.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

My mum most inspired me. She was a dressmaker as i was growing up and was always making things for people to earn money. She also knitted a lot and did a lot of embroidery. We both took up cross stitch at around the same time. I never got into sewing it just wasnt for me, i did try making clothes for my daughter when she was a baby but i didnt enjoy it. I then started to knit a lot instead and made all the kids jumpers as they were growing up.

My mum started card makingabout 4 years ago and when i saw what she was doing i started to have a go, and the restas they say is history, i now have my own cardmaking shop.

Heather
          www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
          for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
          www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
          craftyaddicts blog site
          www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
          My personal blog
          http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Afraid I can't say my mum, she doesn't have an artistic or creative bone in her body, neither does my dad, so no idea where I get it from. I am inspired by my wonderful husband though whose skill with a piece of wood always blows me away, I could only ever dream to reach his level, but then he did have years of training!! I was always arty at school and have always dabbled in it in one form or another.
            Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X