A Rollercoster ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rollercoster ride

This crafting is such a rollercoster for me at the moment. I find one day its great and going good and then the next its back down to earth. I had interest last week from a customer who bought three small animal paintings off ebay from me, then she asked for a price for two more. I was all excited and quoted her and now she thinks three is enough. argghh. At least she came back to me.

Before that I had a lady ask for a quote for a large commission, I put in the work and sent her the price(which I think was very reasonable), I hear nothing. Is it only me who thinks it wouldn't do any harm to say thanks, but no thanks, if its too expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying myself with my new venture, and I have had some good sales, but its definately a rollercoster.

Does anyone else feel this too?
    Amanda
    xx

Originally posted by colourart View Post
    Does anyone else feel this too?
    Oh yes, couldn't agree more! A few weeks ago, ebay went mad and I made 8 sales in the space of about 4 days. Then for a week or so nothing. but did make another buy it now sale on Monday.

Then in the space of an afternoon I had 3 diffrent enquires - one asking for a mirror in pink, another asking if I could do a mirror in red and another asking if I could make the black/white/stone mirror in just black and white. Despite saying yes to all three requests, not one has come back to say they would like to go ahead and order!!! I don't get it either???

I am just hoping that with pay day around the corner, all those people watching mirrors in my ebay shop decide to treat themselves! Fingers crossed!

Hope pay day has the same effect for you Amanda!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post

Then in the space of an afternoon I had 3 diffrent enquires - one asking for a mirror in pink, another asking if I could do a mirror in red and another asking if I could make the black/white/stone mirror in just black and white. Despite saying yes to all three requests, not one has come back to say they would like to go ahead and order!!! I don't get it either???
      Unbelievable...I'm not the only one then, its a strange world, the ebay world.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

I find people keep asking me for craft classes in my shop, so i keep arranging them for all sorts of different techniques but either only one person or no one at all books on them. this is most frustrating because i have to arrange for somebody extra to work that day to cover the shop or take the class.

I have tried to find out the best times for people and what they want and try to accomodate them but still to no avail. im only charging £8 per head for about 2.5 hours.

people are so fickle.

its the same with demos, ive started doing them every week, but no one comes to them. if i was a demonstrater off the tv they would probably come in droves. us non celebrity folk are obviously to stupid to demonstrate properly.
        www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
        for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
        www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
        craftyaddicts blog site
        www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
        My personal blog
        http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

ha ya
          oh me 2 some one aske me if i could crocht some thing 4 them than gladly sid ya no pro and then hey askd about the material and the no of cotton and the color whats the finshed size of the itme ..but they forget to aske me about the crochet hook size.. i did not her form them sence that
          proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

Comment

Working...
          X