What Would You Do With £35million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do With £35million?

Apart from the new house, helping the family, pay off all the bills etc....

Would you carry on with your craft? I think I would....I can't go long without sewing...just my fabric choice would include the more expensive fabrics I love.

Can't decide if I'd build up the business or not.....offer really cheap places in fantastic venues to genuine crafters...

What about you?

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I would definately keep up my craft - I just love it, my daughter said this morning mum are you not fed up making candles (because I have a 2 day event this weekend and next weekend, there are candles in various stages of the process all over the house). I told her truthfully not at all - when you love doing something you don't get bored. I think you just get better at what you do and think of new and different things you can do with your craft.

But I all ready am a mulit millionaire because I keep getting e-mails telling me someone I have never heard of has died and I am the sole heir to their millions. I just need to supply them with all my personal details!!!!!

Hehe

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Well....

After sorting out all my friends and family, i would buy my dream house in the country with lots of land and out buildings and fill it with all the classic vehicles that we would buy, we would of course have our own off road course on the land to 'play' on.

I would definately give up the day job, (what is it with these people that say 'oh no i'm still going to get up at 6am and do my shift at the post office/supermarket)!!!!!!
      I would carry on with the crafting and would probably have my own little summer house in the garden to do it all in.....
      Ahhhh sounds great, off to buy a lottery ticket today i think, i don't buy them very often!!
      http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Lisa..my relatives that I didn't even know existed keep leaving me money too! It's a lucky thing that the solicitor in the distant country was able to located me!

I would definitely keep up my designing but be able to really invest in the business..in between visiting my private island of course!
        Anice xx
        Funkyhand x
        my website
        http://www.funkyhand.com
        my blog (updated 09/06/10)
        http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
        Follow me on Twitter
        http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Id quit my job, share it with family, do craft full time.
          The fact that Id have a load of money would make me less stressed and free up alot of time thinking about good things and not about worrying about money.
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
            But I all ready am a mulit millionaire because I keep getting e-mails telling me someone I have never heard of has died and I am the sole heir to their millions. I just need to supply them with all my personal details!!!!!

I've had that one too - does that mean we are related? lol
            Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
            Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

After getting my mum and dad and husband the best medical care for their ailments, and all the rest of the usual family stuff, I would buy a much larger shop, not so big it becomes inpersonal, but just big enough to stock a much larger range of crafts and to hold group workshops on the shop floor.

Heather
              www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
              for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
              www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
              craftyaddicts blog site
              www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
              My personal blog
              http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
                I've had that one too - does that mean we are related? lol
                We must be because surely they wouldn't be performing a **** now would they!!!! hehe.

Lisa
                Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Millions????

1st thing I would do is offer a massive reward for the safe return of Madeleine McCann and put full page ads in all the papers in Portugal, Spain, France and the UK to try and catch the b........ who have got her!

2nd - of course I would keep crafting - got to do something apart from swimming in my own pool, 'doing' lunch and checking that the maid has cleaned properly!
                  Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                  Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I'd buy large premesis. i'd employ a cleaner and a cook and a homework supervisor so i could spend more time creating.
                    I'd also set up an ethical bead manufacturer on the fair trade basis with eduction thrown in.
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Millions.....

I couldn't stop soapmaking if I tried, i love it too much. I would buy a large farm with out buildings that I could convert into a huge workspace, office and a cute little shop.

I would of course be soapmaking whilst wearing my jimmy choo shoes and chanel sweaters!!!!
                      www.purethoughts.co.uk
                      Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

I would open up a big craft school....hehe, also adjoined to it would be a large craft shop with really cheap prices - well with that much money i wouldn't want to make a profit. Oh and i'd make sure that my kids had the best education that money could buy!
                        Emma
                        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                        Sassy Crafts Blog
                        My Blog

Comment

I like this question because I've got it all mapped out for WHEN I win :-)

I want to build a wonderful house on a farm, then convert the barns into a huge pottery painting studio and have rooms so that people can come and stay for the week to do their crafting. After landscaping all of the gardens, I would also open it upto photography and artists alike. Sounds like paradise.

I'm away at the moment, and staying in a beautiful conference centre that has fantastic grounds. This is the kind of place that would be absolutely wonderful with all different rooms for every single craft imaginable out there :-) .... bookings will be taken as soon as I win ;-)

I love my craft and there's no way that I'd give it up yet, even with £35m. However, it would give me more time to tour the world and visit other studios and check out the different techniques used etc. etc.

Oh well ... I'm going to go and dream about it all now lol.
                          Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

I'd fill up the car. Shell V Power aint cheap!

Comment

What Would We Do....

...if we won big time is our favourite in car/long journey game.

But it's not 'if' it's 'when'........Caroline's got it right!

Bought my tickets for tonight

Fingers crossed!

Jules
                              Apple Tree Crafts
                              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X