X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrincessPrudence
    replied
    Originally posted by tipsylipsy View Post
    This is a great site for patterns http://www.carvingpumpkins.com/ I have used it for the past 6 years. Our pumpkins do stand out from the standard traditional Jack O Lantern face

Sounds like you are going to have a fab time, I love halloween my favourite time of year. We are in the states on holiday at the mo and wil be coming home just before halloween I am gutted to be missing it here there seem to be some really great events planned
    that's exactly the sort of stuff I'm after... thank you!

Leave a comment:

• tipsylipsy
    replied
    This is a great site for patterns http://www.carvingpumpkins.com/ I have used it for the past 6 years. Our pumpkins do stand out from the standard traditional Jack O Lantern face

Sounds like you are going to have a fab time, I love halloween my favourite time of year. We are in the states on holiday at the mo and wil be coming home just before halloween I am gutted to be missing it here there seem to be some really great events planned

Leave a comment:

• KullakitaCards
    replied
    I'm afraid that I can't really help you with finding templates, but it just made me think about when I was little - in Shetland, big neeps (turnips) were traditionally used instead of pumpkins. In fact I've never actually made a pumpkin lantern! When we made our lanterns (once we had spent HOURS! and many spoons / knives hollowing out the insides) we used to draw the face onto the neep and then cut from there. A tip that you might find useful (if it works for pumpkins that is) is to sometimes only peel off the outer layer, rather than always cutting all the way through. A lantern that I've done a few times is an owl - large circular eyes with decorative borders (taking away the top layer only), a beak and then doing some feathers / the wings.

Sorry, got a bit carried away! I love Halloween!

I hope someone can help you with templates - many a simple google images search might be somewhere to start?

Emma.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessPrudence
    started a topic Stencils for pumpkins

Stencils for pumpkins

Hello,

Well, that time of year is nearly upon us, and I've invited some friends round for a corny horrors night... I'm also going to make some pumpkin soup and some pumpkin cupcakes and wanted to carve the pumpkins. OH has never carved a pumpkin, and mine have always looked a bit... well... pants. So I wondered if anyone knows where I can get some funky but easy free templates on the internet that I can use to carve my pumpkins?

Thanks

x
Working...
X