Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on for the Weekend?

I have another birthday cake to make!

Going to cheat with the actual cake, knabbed a Betty Crocker Marble Cake from the reduced stand in Sainbury's yesterday. Makes a deep 9" sponge, so I'm pleased with that. I'll still have to fight with the frosting, so I'm getting out the big guns - the Kenwood Major! Ancient old thing made in 1961, but it's still going strong.

After that I'm going to make a laundry bag. I don't use patterns so the first one of anything is always a trial. I know what I want to do in my head, but things don't always turn out that way.

What y'all doing this weekend?

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I still have the cold so I wont be doing too much. Going to dancing class with my daughter, my son is away at a paint ball party. Think I will leave making candles today because I still feel rough. Just have some dinner and veg in front of the TV.

Who knows what BIG surprises the kids will have in store for me with mothers day tomorrow (well I know there will be no surprises big or small) but I can but dream.

Hope the frosting goes okay and I am definately going to try that one.

All the best.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've just done my b****y back in, so I'm going nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
        I've just done my b****y back in, so I'm going nowhere!

how? Should I ask

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I've got nothing planned - AGAIN. What an exciting life i have!!!
          Emma
          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

Awww Peter....

I do hope you didn't fall off those cuban heels...falling from such a great height is very dangerous

Seriously though, if you're in a lot of pain then get down to casualty. My husband is now registered disabled because of a minor back problem left untreated, that became chronic in later life.

You've only got one spine, look after it!

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Too late! I've already got the bad spine & neck, a knee replacement, and galloping osteo arthritis........................I used to have a motorbike..............and was a rock climber......................and a canoeist...................didn't stand much of a chance did I? I'll spend the weekend on two sticks, and get back to changing radiators on Monday!

Comment

Now when you say radiators do you mean car or house? With a bad back how are you going to do that.

I don't think it was the cuban heels that did the damage I think it was the salsa dancing that did it!!!

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Not doing much waiting for fridge freezer to come any time from 8to 6pm so in all day
                  Mollymandy

Comment

In the middle of doing the Easter rota for the shop, it takes a while to juggle the staff - all wanting various days off as they all seem to think they are entitled to a social life!! Then i'm going in this afternoon as it's a lovely day here so the hoards will be there queing for the yummie ice cream.
                    Good job i made about 70 litres of the stuff this week... tomorrow will be busy as mothers day - always lots of people out and about.
                    Tonight my hubbie is going to a school reuinion !! so i'm home alone - bliss i can watch the ice skating final in peace!!
                    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well ive just come back from a craft fair. Have to say it was not one of the most successful one's, but at least we covered the stand charge plus a little to replace stock and took a few orders on the wooden letters.
                      Quite a few people took our details so you never know.
                      http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Well here I am on the forum when what I sat down to do was make a big pile of cards - starting with Mother's Day!
                        Curse of the forum again I suppose.
                        Have a great day everyone and hope all you poorly people feel better soon.
                        I'm off!
                        Mel
                        Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

Washing, ironing, hoovering, cooking etc etc, maybe make a few cards. Hope your back will soon be better Peter. I was off work not long ago with a torn hamstring. My own fault, my party trick is to show off by doing the splits at 49 I should now better (won't be doing that again).

Comment

Have invited my mum for Sunday lunch tomorrow and my sister and her partner and daughter have just come up from Cornwall for the weekend so I have got to do a roast for 6. Help! its ages since I cooked a Sunday lunch. Don't think I'll get any card making done this weekend.

Comment

My advice is to get the fresh ready prepared veg. It saves so much time when your catering for a few, costs a bit more but i think it tastes so much better if your not slaving over a hot oven all day!
                              Emma
                              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                              Sassy Crafts Blog
                              My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X