Flowers after 21 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers after 21 years!

Today my husband of 21 years came home with a small bunch of flowers from Spar with the price tag still on (£6.99). He said they were for Mothers day. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and it was thoughtful of him, it's just that he's never bothered when the kids were young so why now?

Who knows what goes on in the minds of men - I stopped trying to guess years ago!!

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I'm Sorry, Run That by Me Again......

.....men have minds????

Well I never......learn something new every day.

Actually, I have to say mine's fine. On occasion I get flowers, but quite often I buy them for myself and he doesn't bat an eyelid if I shove a tenner's worth of blooms in the trolley.

He never moans when I spend every spare penny on my fabric obsession, or on books or chocolate. He's got the patience of a saint.

He'll do the housework without being asked, and he cooks like a dream. He also knows where the washing machine is, and how to use it. He's not mastered ironing yet, but neither have I.

Just wish he wouldn't yell at the tv when Question Time is on......ah well, can't have it all.....*sigh*

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby-designs View Post
        Today my husband of 21 years came home with a small bunch of flowers from Spar with the price tag still on (£6.99). He said they were for Mothers day. Don't get me wrong, they are nice and it was thoughtful of him, it's just that he's never bothered when the kids were young so why now?
        Can't believe it's taken 21 years for him to show you his appreciation. I get a big bunch from interflora for every occasion, don't get me wrong they are lovely but what a waste of £50 or so. I would rather the bunch from spar, that way i know he's had to make the effort go get them, not just a quick phone call.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Some people have all the luck. I need to have children before I get a bunch of flowers bought for me - so that makes 2 in total!! (and do you think I am kidding). And he moans about everything. The one and only saving grace he has is he does his own ironing. He used to do his own ironing when he lived at home with his parents and I kept the tradition faithfully going. Having said that he irons far better than me!!

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hubbie bought me flowers today.... well i took some money out of his wallet to get our mum's some flowers and while i was there bought some for myself so he wasn't actually aware he was doing it till he saw them on the table..... nice though!!
            http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

treated myself to a bunch of daffodils yesterday 99p ill share them with you,
              Mollymandy

Comment

There lovely, I like daffodils. I do treat myself to flowers now and then, and hubby never complains when I spend money on myself. Its just a first that he has bought me some.

Comment

Don't think you are going mad that is really weird he would buy you flowers after so long... and to leave the price tag on

Comment

Men usually forget about pulling price tags off. I've got to say, i don't think it's weird, it's just taken him a long time to realise what he's got.
                    Emma
                    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                    Sassy Crafts Blog
                    My Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X