My day out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day out

I'm so excited about having a day off from work (and kids) on wednesday i just had to share it with you. My mum and I are going to make a 2.5 hour journey to my wholsalers. I've got visions in my head of it being a crafters paradise, packed wall to wall with bits and bobs for making cards. Knowing my lusk it isn't going to be much more than a glorified shed. The major down side to this is I'm not going to use mt credit card, I,ve made myself save up for this and handing over hard earned cash is going to hurt a lot more than giving them my flexible friend. There again it might make me think twice before chucking anything and everything into a trolley.

As you can tell i don't get out much!!!!
    Last edited by EMEvans; 26-02-2007, 01:45 PM.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Have Fun...

.....and tell us all about it afterwards.

I went to my mother in law's wholesaler in Bristol once. I actually went to buy such boring stuff as dress boning, and seam tape etc...but they had just started doing all the scrapbook stuff and loads for cardmaking. I was well into both crafts then and a 20 minute visit stretched to almost 3 hours.....I didn't know where to start or where to stop!

I came out about £90+ VAT lighter!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts;17785almost 3 hours.....I didn't know where to start or where to stop!

I came out about £90+ VAT lighter!

[B
      Jules[/B]

Now that's very controlled!... only £30.00 per hour.
      I just spent £400.00 +vat in about 10 minutes!!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I've set myself a budget of £500 so i'll have my calculator to hand. Just realised a big down side to my shopping spree, it's going to take ages to put it all on my website!!(there's not much on it at the moment). But once all thats done i can ask you all to have a look and comment on things like ease of use, downsides, what would make it better etc.
        Emma
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

It's great when you get out without the kids isn't it? Me and hubby are going away next Thursday to Goa and I need to go to Primark at the weekend to look for a summer dress!!
          £500 to spend in a craft warehouse sounds good to me!!! You will have to let us know how it goes!
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Budget has now reduced to half. Had an email confirming my trade account with another wholesaler and i've just come off there website a bit lighter in the pocket. I just couldn't resist, they had so many cute things and gave me 15% off my first order so i had to make it worth my while.

Thats the second order this week and i haven't sold anything on the website yet.

Anyone got the number for spend-a-holics anominous, think i need to check in!!!!!!!!!
            Emma
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post

Anyone got the number for spend-a-holics anominous, think i need to check in!!!!!!!!!
              Ask Seahorse!!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Seahorse, have you got that number? hehehe.
                Emma
                Sassy Crafts Blog
                My Blog

Comment

But doesn't it feel sooooo good when that order arrives? Just like Christmas all over again (until the credit card bill comes in)!
                  Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Well, me and my mum went to the wholesalers. It took us 2.5 hours to get there. They were very friendly and even gave us a coffee while we were walking round. Not the best set up there as most things were in boxes on the shelves so it took a while to get round although it couldn't of been that bad as my trolley got full pretty quick. When leaving we got a bit lost as we were on a ring road which we went around at least twice so it took 3.5 hrs to get back.
                    Good day out but won't be doing it again in a hurry. Went over budget (suprise suprise), still tired now and still got bags and bags to sort through. been putting things on website all night (only listed about 20 things in 4 hours, it's real time consuming and BORING).

Speak to you all tomorrow. Goodnight x.
                    Emma
                    Sassy Crafts Blog
                    My Blog

Comment

Shopped til You Dropped!

No wonder you're tired!

Hate listing stuff on ebay or fiddling with the website, so I know how you feel there!

At least you've got loads of new stuff to be creative with though!

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                      X