Pound of butter!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound of butter!!!!

I was putting away the groceries a few minutes ago, and could only find one box of butter in the bag - I had bought two....then...saw the ripped up box on the floor in the living room...our giant dog Mouse ate it. One pound of butter!!! Wrappers are gone...every last bit of butter...oh dearie me.

Well, he's definitely sleeping outside tonight....oh me, oh my...

Your mouse can obviously tel Stork from butter

He has great taste

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

butter's back!

Stork? Must be a UK brand of margarine or something??

I just found a frothy yellowish whitish puddle - with a distinct scent of warm butter - on the kitchen floor, along with two slightly mangled paper wrappers....I reckon there are two more wrappers in there...he is outside now, despite it being 104 degrees....we might let him back in, in a few minutes.

I can't believe this...my 18 year old son actually cleaned up the puddle, without being asked or told!! How weird is that!?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post

I can't believe this...my 18 year old son actually cleaned up the puddle, without being asked or told!! How weird is that!?
        Now that is worrying!

Not at all natural - I would call the doctor if this type of behaviour happens again
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
          Stork? Must be a UK brand of margarine or something??
          Yes that's right, it's margarine. Years ago they had an advertising campaign ' can you tell stork from butter?' They only ever showed the people who couldn't tell. I never met anyone who didn't know though.
          Maybe he felt sorry for him or thought you were going to get rid of the dog?

I hope the stupid thing isn't sick after that.

Melanie

Comment

butterhead

He is throwing up again as I type, but outside...my son is keeping me posted. Oh boy!

Oh no, I'd never get rid of the dog for eating a box of butter. We love our dogs a lot more than butter!

You can see two of our gentle giants in the slide show on my website - Mouse, the butter eater, is the white one. When they were born, he kept rolling across the floor of the shed, and crying and crying - the mom dog, our Great Pyr, would bark and whine until I came and fetched him back to her...he and I have a strong attachment. Believe it or not, I even slept in the shed a few nights!!! OMIGOSH is she nuts or what!!
            Last edited by removed10; 30-06-2009, 01:54 AM. Reason: type-O

Comment

Aww no not nuts but it's obvious he must've been "buttering" you up from the start
              **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
              Different prize every month
              Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
              PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Did you ask him if he wanted some bread with his butter?
                Hopefully he has learned his lesson and I really hope he feels better soon!
                Terry xxx
                You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

LOL - you're lucky it wasn't coming out the other end
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Oh no, how is Mouse this morning? Hope he has stopped being sick!! Dogs really need to learn that not everything is for them to eat lol

Comment

I read this thread earlier and thought "oh yuck! poor dog!" how is he now????
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Buttery Mouse

He's fine! We have yet to see the other two wrappers anywhere, but then, it's 5 acres, so they could've been deposited somewhere, one way or another. Surely paper would get semi-digested eventually, and not just plug up something somewhere....I'm so glad they weren't foil wrappers.

We did not feed him that night, and gave him only dry food the next morning. He was still looking a little bit woozy then, but by midday he was back to himself!

Comment

Glad to hear no lasting effects!!!
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Glad to hear that he's better now... silly dog

Comment

Sparkydog is also partial to a block of butter, tub of marg or even a pack of lard.. thankfully on the few occasions she has outsmarted us, she hasn't been ill.. we put it down to her being a bit of a "tramps dog".. and willing to eat anything..

Annoying when they do it, and you have to go back out shopping all over again!

Comment

Working...
                              X