Is your mail comfortable??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your mail comfortable??????????

I mailed an item today in a bubble envelope. It fitted through the large envelope thingie - a snug fit but no shoving etc was required - but the teller redid it and said it was not comfortable enough so I had to pay for a parcel instead!

Did you know your mail needs to be comfortable?
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

We will have to report you to the National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels!!!

Surely everyone knows that a parcel must be comfortable?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

you should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

Oh gosh! The postman might have to 'shove' it instead of popping it through with no efforts? Or the envelope might get premature wrinkles from being shoved through the post box...?
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
          We will have to report you to the National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels!!!

Surely everyone knows that a parcel must be comfortable?

Jane
          Ah, but you see, it wasn't a parcel, it was an envelope - hence the discomfort
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            Ah, but you see, it wasn't a parcel, it was an envelope - hence the discomfort
            Parcels, envelopes, packages it is still very cruel not to make sure they are comfortable

Ask any courier

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Yikes I hadn't really thought it all through
              I will definitely ensure max comfort next time I send something! Hopefully the NSUP (National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels) will let me off with a warning - me being a first time offender and all
              Terry xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
                Yikes I hadn't really thought it all through
                I will definitely ensure max comfort next time I send something! Hopefully the NSUP (National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels) will let me off with a warning - me being a first time offender and all
                Is this really your first time? Hmmm...?
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's always the first time if you get caught
                  Terry xxx

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    Parcels, envelopes, packages it is still very cruel not to make sure they are comfortable

Ask any courier

Jane
                    I have done, I am married to one and his eyes went up to his hairline (Which is a long way as we use a chamois on his head instead of a comb) and he made some oblique comment about "Chucking em into the back of the van - oops, he forgot the feather pillow".
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

you'll have to branch out on your crafts and make a series of tiny pillows and cushions so every item can travel in comfort, maybe if it were sent 2nd class they would not have expected it to be so comfortable, perhaps slightly cramped with no leg room.
                      http://www.terrilowedesign.co.uk
                      http://www.twitter.com/Hello_TerriLowe
                      http://territriestwice.blogspot.com/
                      email: [email protected]

Comment

Maybe the sorting office staff, post office staff and postman should be made aware of this comfort issue when "throwing" my "FRAGILE" parcel across the room or shoving it forcefully through the letterbox where is undoubtedly gets stuck!!!!!!
                        Diane
                        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I had some comfortable mail today - carefully placed in the coalbunker 'cos it was too big for the letterbox, it had been tenderly wrapped in a poly bag in case it got damp.
                          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                          website
                          blog

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                            Maybe the sorting office staff, post office staff and postman should be made aware of this comfort issue when "throwing" my "FRAGILE" parcel across the room or shoving it forcefully through the letterbox where is undoubtedly gets stuck!!!!!!
                            Agree! I have received many an item that looked distinctly uncomfortable (read battered) after brute force still didn't manage to get it through the letterbox.
                            Lost in translation.......
                            FRAGILE - extra rough treatment required
                            DO NOT BEND - what origami animal can I make from this?
                            and we all know that comfort is not factored into Airmail
                            Terry xxx

Comment

Don't forget in this heat air conditioning may be required to make all post comfortable!
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X