Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your mail comfortable??????????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is your mail comfortable??????????

    I mailed an item today in a bubble envelope. It fitted through the large envelope thingie - a snug fit but no shoving etc was required - but the teller redid it and said it was not comfortable enough so I had to pay for a parcel instead!

    Did you know your mail needs to be comfortable?
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

  • #2
    We will have to report you to the National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels!!!

    Surely everyone knows that a parcel must be comfortable?

    Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

    Comment


    • #3
      you should be ashamed of yourself

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh gosh! The postman might have to 'shove' it instead of popping it through with no efforts? Or the envelope might get premature wrinkles from being shoved through the post box...?
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
          We will have to report you to the National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels!!!

          Surely everyone knows that a parcel must be comfortable?

          Jane
          Ah, but you see, it wasn't a parcel, it was an envelope - hence the discomfort
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            Ah, but you see, it wasn't a parcel, it was an envelope - hence the discomfort
            Parcels, envelopes, packages it is still very cruel not to make sure they are comfortable

            Ask any courier

            Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

            Comment


            • #7
              Yikes I hadn't really thought it all through
              I will definitely ensure max comfort next time I send something! Hopefully the NSUP (National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels) will let me off with a warning - me being a first time offender and all
              Terry xxx
              You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
              Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
                Yikes I hadn't really thought it all through
                I will definitely ensure max comfort next time I send something! Hopefully the NSUP (National Society for Uncomfortable Parcels) will let me off with a warning - me being a first time offender and all
                Is this really your first time? Hmmm...?
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's always the first time if you get caught
                  Terry xxx
                  You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                  Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    Parcels, envelopes, packages it is still very cruel not to make sure they are comfortable

                    Ask any courier

                    Jane
                    I have done, I am married to one and his eyes went up to his hairline (Which is a long way as we use a chamois on his head instead of a comb) and he made some oblique comment about "Chucking em into the back of the van - oops, he forgot the feather pillow".
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      you'll have to branch out on your crafts and make a series of tiny pillows and cushions so every item can travel in comfort, maybe if it were sent 2nd class they would not have expected it to be so comfortable, perhaps slightly cramped with no leg room.
                      http://www.terrilowedesign.co.uk
                      http://www.twitter.com/Hello_TerriLowe
                      http://territriestwice.blogspot.com/
                      email: [email protected]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maybe the sorting office staff, post office staff and postman should be made aware of this comfort issue when "throwing" my "FRAGILE" parcel across the room or shoving it forcefully through the letterbox where is undoubtedly gets stuck!!!!!!
                        Diane
                        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had some comfortable mail today - carefully placed in the coalbunker 'cos it was too big for the letterbox, it had been tenderly wrapped in a poly bag in case it got damp.
                          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                          website
                          blog

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                            Maybe the sorting office staff, post office staff and postman should be made aware of this comfort issue when "throwing" my "FRAGILE" parcel across the room or shoving it forcefully through the letterbox where is undoubtedly gets stuck!!!!!!
                            Agree! I have received many an item that looked distinctly uncomfortable (read battered) after brute force still didn't manage to get it through the letterbox.
                            Lost in translation.......
                            FRAGILE - extra rough treatment required
                            DO NOT BEND - what origami animal can I make from this?
                            and we all know that comfort is not factored into Airmail
                            Terry xxx
                            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't forget in this heat air conditioning may be required to make all post comfortable!
                              View my flickr

                              'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X