Bloomin' Cheek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomin' Cheek

I was just buying car insurance from a well known company online and when it got to the very end of the payment pages it came up that they were 'unable to provide validation checking at this time' and to phone to complete the process.

So I duly phoned and they wanted to charge me an extra £10 to buy over the phone! Considering it was obviously their fault I couldn't buy online I thought this was a bit of a cheek so told them that and said I'd try buying online again tomorrow as I wanted the price I was quoted.

Hubby thinks I'm completely mad to quibble over a tenner but it's the principle of it all
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

If it is any comfort I would have done the same - almost - I prob would have cut off my nose to spite my face and told them where to stick it and then had to pay more cos I couldn't go there again lol.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
      If it is any comfort I would have done the same - almost - I prob would have cut off my nose to spite my face and told them where to stick it and then had to pay more cos I couldn't go there again lol.
      ...me too!

Comment

That's the sort of thing that I'd do too lol

Comment

I have to say i would do the same, i hate it that you can only get special deals online, - for instance a game my daughter wanted was £20 on line but out of stock so i went to the shop and it was £35.99 (i had a moan they wouldnt price match) so left without the game, eventually got it online 3 weeks later.
          * Julie *

If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

http://twitter.com/juliemarley
          http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
          http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

Comment

I'm surprised they didn't offer you the online rate on the phone, they must be mad - do these people not want our business???

A tenner is a lot of money (certainly a lot of beads ), I would have done the same as you!
            Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

I would have done the same too.. whay pay more than you have to for anything??

jan x
              www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

I'm in agreement with you so why should you have to pay £10 extra when it's there fault

Comment

We went online to check insurance for our son when it was due to expire with the same company we were already insured with. We got a quote of about £750 but they wouldn't let us buy online. When we phoned them they said it was £1,100. We checked around but they were all higher so we phoned them again and they said it was £1,200 with no explanation. We went back online and got a quote as a new customer and it was £550, (I think it was a new customer discount promotion) so we bought it. We had a few phone calls because they said we had no proof of no claims from our previous ins co - them - but DH sorted it.
                  We also found that the same companies were quoting different amounts on different compare sites. Sometimes as much as £250 on a £1,000 policy.

Melanie

Comment

Well I've just been back online and bought it - at the cheaper price If it hadn't worked I'd have bought it by phone anyway (not that I was ever going to tell them that!) as even with the extra tenner it beat all other quotes. Just seemed so daft that they'd risk loosing my custom for a silly phone surcharge

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                    We went back online and got a quote as a new customer and it was £550, (I think it was a new customer discount promotion) so we bought it.....We also found that the same companies were quoting different amounts on different compare sites. Sometimes as much as £250 on a £1,000 policy.
                    Way back when they all first started quoting online (before the comparison websites appeared) nearly all would ask what your best quote was so far - and then beat it. I can remember getting quotes from loads all beating each other and then going back to the company which gave me the best price and requoting to get them to beat my best quote...which was their own anyway! Did this a few times getting them to beat their own quote each time and ended up with a blinding deal Strangely they don't seem to do this anymore
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I agree and £10 is £10!!!!!! it does annoy me though that you get a better deal online.

My inlaws dont have a computer and have to pay extra to their cable company because they have to pay by bill each month, my FIL phoned them and said he was happy to pay by DD but no the company said even if he paid by DD he would still be charged the same, the only way he would get the reduction was if he paid online every month!!!!!
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                      X