paypal phising **** emails alert--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal phising **** emails alert--

Over the last 24 hours, I have received emails stating to be from paypal for each of my 3 accounts.

On closer inspection I found they were phising ****s

Please take care with these if you get one

Taken from paypal site

Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email-including the header information-to [email protected]. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
    Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to www.paypal.com/uk.
    Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

I have had some of these recently, every email I get I forward to the address PayPal provide.
    PayPal are very good at investigating these things I feel.

Ppl should be aware that they are phishing emails and not 'the real deal'!

Laura x
    http://lilacstarcrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Many of you will know this, but for those who don't, if you hover your mouse over a link in an email, (or try it on a link on this page) the address of that link is displayed in the bottom left corner of your screen. Spamming and phishing emails can look very real, but this is a clue as to who they really come from.
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I too have received these emails, I reported them to paypal each time.

I also got a feedback email which I nearly replied to as I thought it was in reply to my reporting the **** ones, but when I read it again, the dates did not tally and also the IP address looked a bit suss. I emailed paypal to ask if they send feedback emails but I havent yet had a reply.

Really does anger me all these ****s and phishing emails!!!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I too, have received a number of these, I went into my paypal acoount separately to check there was nothing different on my account and they all suggested these were phishing ones. I have also had a lot from HSBC and i don't even bank with them!!!
          Dee x
          Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
          Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
          Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
          X