Help Laptop Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Laptop Problem!!!

Can anyone help please? The keyboard has suddenly stopped working on my laptop, I'm sure it's no coincidence that the cat had just been sitting on it before it stopped - I'm guessing she might've sat on a combination of keys to lock it all down The mousepad still works but every single key doesn't respond - very very annoying as I have work to do on there today

Does anyone know how to solve the problem??? Please!!!

Btw I'm typing this on hubby's laptop in case you're wondering how I can type this.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Normally a function and a F key but you may have a key stuck down too...

As the mouse works try going into control pannel and looking at the keyboard settings

hope that helps..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Gosh - how annoying!!!!!

Naughty *****!

I had the problem once - if you can find on line keyboard it helped me - but I can't remember where I found it.

I assume you have closed everything down and re booted?

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

any time mine locks up for any reason I switch off and restart,hasn't let me down yet
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
          Can anyone help please? The keyboard has suddenly stopped working on my laptop, I'm sure it's no coincidence that the cat had just been sitting on it before it stopped - I'm guessing she might've sat on a combination of keys to lock it all down The mousepad still works but every single key doesn't respond - very very annoying as I have work to do on there today

Does anyone know how to solve the problem??? Please!!!

Btw I'm typing this on hubby's laptop in case you're wondering how I can type this.
          Sounds like a sticky key to me.. I would try each one in turn to make sure one isn't jammed down.. laptop keys have far less "travel" than standard ones usually, so it is easier for them to appear ok when they are stuck.

Comment

Thank you Mr M The Fn plus other F key trick didn't work but I went into the control panel and clicked on various things on the keyboard settings and it now works - phew!

I didn't dare turn it off and reboot as I figured if it started up with the problem still I'd have been stuffed cos I wouldn't be able to log on to try and fix it.

Sparkysdad, I did try every single key and none worked although Molly is now banned from climbing on my laptop (which involves some nifty moving of it when she's about to hop on board) as the other day she picked one of the keys off with her claws as we were trying to move her. Having said that, she has good taste - yesterday I was on the forum and she climbed on and called up Seahorse's profile and website
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
            X