Nope...no sign of motivation here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope...no sign of motivation here!

It's a lovely sunny day, I need to leave for work pretty soon and I'm still sat here in my PJs! I have no desire to move and yet I really should. Anyone else just not feeling that motivated to move this morning? I get this feeling quite frequently!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

awww katianne,

I know the feeling well,I havn't made anything for ages ( except a couple of custom orders but even then they weren't my ideas )

I keep sitting down at my work table but still no inspiration....

aw well, the garden is starting to look much better cause I can't bear to stay indoors on such a lovely day

swings and roundabouts................
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not a problem today, DH's birthday going out to lunch, maybe coffee on the patio, a leisurely drive through the bluebell woods. Don't work except for myself so a lovely day planned.

Sorry to upset you but on a plus note we all have these day, I can often wander into my sewing room look around, lift a few things, go to my workroom and repeat the action and yes you guessed it, do nothing have no inspiration to make anything. On those days I try to get out and about, walking etc or a visit to the beach, take some snaps and sometimes the mojo comes back, if not still had a good day.

Comment

Lol....I feel like that every morning! Plonk myself down in front of the pooter and my bum gets stuck to the chair. I'm always full of good intentions but rarely carry them out. Having said that, I'm just off in a bit to pick my grandson up!
        Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I went to bed early and got up early and am raring to go - costumes parts laid all over the living room floor in jigsaw fashion, 4 half packed boxes of customer orders clogging up the living room table, a pile of pins that need polishing........so what am I doing?
          Having a third cup of coffee, still in my dressing gown, surfing the Craft Forum.....doh!

Aw shucks - it only gets embarrassing when the postman arrives at 1pm with a parcel and I realise I haven't got dressed yet - I have been working, honest.....and usually well into the wee small hours (insomnia, good film on the tele etc). I just love working at home.

AnnieAnna
          www.anniethepedlar.com

(Thought I'd better add my website this time or you'll all think I'm completely balmy polishing pins. They are historical replicas. I'm slightly stuck as I'm half way though this batch and have polished away my thumnail which I hold them down with. Do I wait for it to grow back or go in for falsies? What a dilemma, )

Comment

Annie just read your blog, what an interesting life you must lead. I too am still in PJ's, not a pretty sight. I expect thats what the delivery man fron Jewsons thought when he got me out of bed delivering a big bag of sand.
            Which now has to be emptied.
            And I thought I was going to sit in the sun!!!
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Funny thing inspiration. Sometimes I can sit down and I'm in a sort of crafting daze and I can do it all day. Other times I plan to do something and no matter what, I can't get in the right frame of mind and anything that I do make never seems right. Nowdays I just go with the flow, if inspiration doesn't come today maybe it will tommorrow.

Caroline
              silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
              bespoke handmade jewellery
              Silver Jewellery blog
              Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

I don't have any desire to get off the couch, but I am working on some new beading ideas, so I guess I don't have to get off the couch!

I'm not working at a day job right now, so I've been taking advantage of not having to get dressed if I don't want to
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Have we spotted a hole in the market here?
                  Sleepwear that looks like daywear??????
                  How much would people pay to not let their guilty secrets out?
                  Or are PJs going to be the uniform of homeworkers?????????
                  Now shall I start working or go for a long luxurious bath?
                  AnnieAnna

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieAnna View Post
                    Have we spotted a hole in the market here?
                    Sleepwear that looks like daywear??????
                    How much would people pay to not let their guilty secrets out?
                    Or are PJs going to be the uniform of homeworkers?????????
                    Now shall I start working or go for a long luxurious bath?
                    AnnieAnna
                    Totally crease free permanently fresh looking of course so it doesnt look as if you have just got out of bed. I'll have some when you find them.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

tut tut tut to all of you.

I got up put the washing on. Got DRESSED!!!!!! got the children ready for school, had breakfast, got the children to school. Went shopping, got home, put shopping away, put washing out, re-stocked the bird feeder in the garden, sorted out some paint, sorted out my workdesk, organised all the craft bits and bobs on my desk, sorted out all the craft fair bits, made a coffee and just switched on the computer and it's only 10.20am!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday after getting the children to school and putting washing out, I did 3 1/2 hours ironing!!!!!

(have to admit I'm not normally this raring to go and will suffer for it tomorrow!!!)
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                        Totally crease free permanently fresh looking of course so it doesnt look as if you have just got out of bed. I'll have some when you find them.
                        Now if someone could invent a skin cream that did that they'd make millions, lol.

Caroline
                        silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                        bespoke handmade jewellery
                        Silver Jewellery blog
                        Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

I have a job that means logging onto the computer at 7 am and then sitting there for either 2 or 3 hours (depends if its weekdays or weekends). As I can usually be found dragging my butt out of bed at 6.55am, then it's usually gone 9 or 10 before I get round to getting dressed.

Today I was really good, I was up at quarter to and came down dressed.

Though I have decided that April seems to be the month that motivation goes on holiday, if anyone sees mine, can they send it back this way please? I seem to be achieving the grand total of naff all these days!
                          www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Now my lack of motivation this morning was due to the thought of being at my 'day' job, stuck indoors whilst the sun outside is beaming down!

I think a day in the garden with the dog, making mosaics would have been a lot more enjoyable!

I have got motivated enough to agree to go for a run after work though !
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Can't believe how much better I feel after reading this thread. Thought I was the only one that sat in my pyjamas until the post man came. I've even thrown my coat on over my pyjamas so he thinks I'm just coming of going! I had to move back in with my mum and now I have a shoebox room that's only as wide and deep as my bed! The room is filled with all my craft stuff and all my clothes fit in one small suitcase at the moment! So I do all my crafts sitting in bed and there really doesnt' seem to be any need to get dressed.

Have to say though, I have motivation these days.. To make this into something that will earn me enough money to rent a place of my own at least!

It's the inspiration and ideas that I have trouble with...
                              Some of my creations:
                              http://learningspirit.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X