Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare sighting

I have put this on my blog too!
    My son does Food Tech at school and absolutely loves it - so when the governors (OH is one) were invited into school to see the students he volunteered to take part in the visit.
    They had a great day and piccies were taken, at which time OH spots Malachy washing up!!!! He asks Ms K to take a photo as this is behaviour we have never seen.
    The teacher obliges, today OH was emailed the minutes from that meeting and one of the pics is Malachy hard at work...... however we still have not seen this behaviour replicated at home - oooh to dream!
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Perhaps he would like to start a new trend, who knows, it might catch on with all his friends. lol.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Is there some sort of incentive at the school for him to wash up that you are not reproducing at home?
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I was a rotten Mother as all mine had chores to do!

They had to realise that the family was a team, and we all had to work together and contribute to the smooth running of the home.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
          Is there some sort of incentive at the school for him to wash up that you are not reproducing at home?
          That is a very good question! and I would love to know the answer. He is a stick and carrot kind of kid and at school he earns commendations or demerits. He thrives on praise from teachers, coaches etc and yet no matter how effusive my praise he says I have to say that as I am his mom!
          I have offered payment for chores but still no joy. I of course have also requested, cajoled and threatened .....
          Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
            That is a very good question! and I would love to know the answer. He is a stick and carrot kind of kid and at school he earns commendations or demerits. He thrives on praise from teachers, coaches etc and yet no matter how effusive my praise he says I have to say that as I am his mom!
            I have offered payment for chores but still no joy. I of course have also requested, cajoled and threatened .....
            Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
            Being a rotten Mother, if mine didn't do their chores they had favours withheld, no TV, no pudding, no pocket money, no ice cream on the park, the earlier in life they learn about team work the better.

Whilst they are not perfect, all 3 boys now do all their own ironing as their wives don't do it properly, help with all housework, cook meals etc.

Not are we raising children we are also raising spouses/partners.

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Rare Moment Indeed!

We also had a rare moment of total team work & family cooperation yesterday but I didn't think to get photos for proof that it can happen, or as a lasting memento.

Himself & I spent the day making chocolates for Saturday's fair in Bath. We'd tempered and made 3kgs of milk chocolates, and all were in various stages of setting, decorating & packaging.

Himself had a school governors meeting (yup, he's one of them too. In fact he's Chair) and dashed out leaving the kitchen covered in chocolates.

I started bagging & packaging. Whilst I was doing that #1 son took over upstairs in my workroom cutting out component pieces for my coffee cosies. Downstairs, #2 son started cooking sausages, roasties & veggies for tea. The daughter was tying pretty bows around the bags of chocs I'd weighed & packed in between helping the youngest finish his mammoth maths project by printing out his work.

The youngest, meanwhile was upstairs on the other printer printing out labels for the chocs. He then stuck then on all the right bags.

All this was carried out smoothly, and with absolutely no fighting whatsoever. I was quite gobsmacked but also deeply impressed as nobody asked any of them to any of it. You see, miracles can happen!

I wonder if I'll get a repeat today? There's stil plenty of chocolate to be made!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Good luck with that I have been trying for years to get mine to wash up!
                He suprised me one day but the electric whisk had a good soak, I havnt bothered to ask since ! lol ( method in his madness I believe)
                Sarah

Comment

I have a picture of my daughter washing up when she was about 5, she's now 10 and hasnt done it since!!!!!! However, my little lad will help all the time (without a sniff of a reward) but then he is only 7, no doubt this will change!!!!!
                  Diane
                  Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Dont you know anything, when schools have events like this they lock the kids that are helping in the basement and bring out there clones, who do everything perfect, at least thats the only way I can explain my kids perfect behaveour at these events

Comment

Working...
                    X