Poorly computer and update on new hip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly computer and update on new hip

Not been on for 4/5 days - sick machine - got taken away with nice modem manipulator who cleaned all the rubbish up. Back now and in perfect working condition - the only thing in the house that is.

Hospital today - Apparently new hip settling in perfectly after blip and have not to go back for a year. Still got to use some of the embarrasing equipment for another 6 weeks though.

Welcome to all the newcommers I have missed. Nice to see you all here and will get round to chatting sooner or later.

Thats it, hubby shouting for food - I have told him bread and pullet tonight. (For the uninitiated, pullet for pull it).
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Great to see you back

No "duck under the table tonight then?"

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Do you realise that was your 2001st post Carol? YAY!!!!!!!

Comment

Crumbs Peter, so it was. I had forgotten that I was heading that way.

Jane, I had forgotten that one too. lol. My old Gran used to say if we asked what was for tea, "Laro medlies dipped in cream". I'm still trying to work out what it is.
        Carol

Comment

Congratulations on being over 2000!!!

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hello, welcome back! Glad you and your hip are doing well!

Comment

Glad it's all looking good for you Carol
              Ps we used to have bread and pullit when I was a kid
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

Welcome back!

I wonder what "Laro medlies dipped in cream" really were... There's such a thing as a medlar - it's a sort of fruit.
                Cheers,
                Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are doing well

Congratulations on 2000 posts
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hooray for Carol now being 2003 and also on the new hip settling in ok.

As to medlars, I'd not heard of them until my neighbour gave one to the children to take to school, just to see how clever the teachers were! of course they didn't have a clue. I had forgotten what they were called until Scorch reminded me above!

Doesn't solve the question about medlies and cream though!
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Glad to see you back Carol, sounds like the hip is all sorted! My mum always used to say we had 'two jumps at the pantry door' for tea, never really found out what she meant! Craft fair in Barby on 29th Carol if you're around to pop in and see me and a few others from the forum, Selina

Comment

great that you are back and doing well. i have been selfishly watching for your return for a update on how you are feeling as i think it will not be too long untill i need the same op.
                        did you have to wait a long time before they did the op?
                        sally

Comment

Good to know the hip is settling.

(if it's the raised toilet seat you find embarassing you should have seen the ones which were on issue in the early 1970s, the modern ones are extremely neat in comparison!!)
                          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                          website
                          blog

Comment

Selina - Will be there some time during the day. Look forward to it.

Elaine - It doesn't bear thinking of. This is bad enough.

Sally - I was quoted originally 3 months but taken into the private hospital as a NH patient after 3 weeks - to clear the backlog I understand. Convelescence is a bit of a pain but well worth it. The first thing you notice when you wake up is that awful pain in your hip bone has gone. There are of course, other discomforts you then have to cope with but you know that they can only get better.
                            Carol

Comment

Glad to see you back, glad everything is going ok with the hip
                              Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X