Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn

Anyone addicted to popcorn? LOL

I've just tried the microwave popcorn from lidl but some of it burnt. I have another two packets to perfect it

I usually do my own in a pan but how does anyone get the sugaring bit done. I just pour sugar over it once in the mixing bowl and it just lumps at the bottom of the bowl... Any suggestions welcome.
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

I get that butterkist that you put in the microwave. I don't do it for as long as it says because it burns. When you've eaten it all you can just put the un popped kernals back in the microwave.
    None burnt and none wasted
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Buy it ready made, the toffee one, I have never been able to perfect the micro stuff!
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Not exactly addicted here, but I prefer the buttered kind from the microwave - I also use the 'pop 2x' method
        "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
        Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
        http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

you can melt some butter and mix in sugar or honey and it sticks to it. Mix it well to make sure you dont get one very buttery one and none on the rest
          flickr
          blog
          my website
          etsy

Comment

oooh I like the idea of butter and honey!

My second attempt at microwave popcorn is much better than the first one, no burnt bits!
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

ohhhh your all making me want to run out and buy some pop corn. But it freezing out side
              www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I've got one of those popping machines, it blows hot air at the corn and then as it pops it comes out of the spout into a bowl. I just then add salt or melted butter and sugar, or leave it plain to be healthy. My daughter loves it with butter. The good thing about it is that it never burns.
                Elinor
                x

My Misi page
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I do the melted butter and honey thing too, it's very moreish. Icing sugar is nice on popcorn too. Also while it's still warm I like putting some maltesers in it, the chocolate starts melting and to pick up a malteser is a nice surprise too! I first had them in the piccies, our youngest can't have most popcorn because of his nut allergy so has maltesers instead and, in the dark, he'd put a few in my popcorn as a surprise bless him.
                  Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Our family love popcorn and we often share a bag when we play games with the children. The microwavable popcorn is really handy, I found that it turns out best if its cooked for the shorter length of time rather than for longer (they sometimes give an approximation for how long to cook them for). I hope that makes sense.

Jo x
                    Things to make and do
                    Things to make and do's Facebook page
                    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Does anyone have a recipe that works (everything I tried burned or lumped up!) for making the thin coating sort of toffee, to make your own butterkist-style popcorn?
                      Cheers,
                      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
                      X