Dilema...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema...

Iv been thinking ( not that i do it very often ), but all my items so far are done using Silver plated findings and im planning to start a sterling section, but im not sure if i should move into doing gold items. I know silver seems to be more popular and seems to sell better but im just wondering if it would be worth me starting a few items in gold. Just to add to my collections?

Any opinions?

Thanks

Jake

With money being tight all round, why not list your items as they are in silver and silver plate and see if anyone asks for gold.

That way you won't spend out on buying gold just to find out people are happy with the silver and plate items. If people start to ask if you do items in gold, then you will know.
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
      With money being tight all round, why not list your items as they are in silver and silver plate and see if anyone asks for gold.

That way you won't spend out on buying gold just to find out people are happy with the silver and plate items. If people start to ask if you do items in gold, then you will know.
      now, why didnt i think of that?

thanks

Comment

cos your not as old and tight as me perhaps??? lol
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Or consider some pieces in goldfill or vermeil if you want the colour (both are often a nicer colour than gold plated).

Brass is very fashionable at the moment as well...
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
          X