What can I make???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I make???

Okay, so it's Christmas and I won't be getting my quilling stuff out this side of Christmas as it takes up too much space if I start a new project, but I need some help!

I haven't a clue what to quill next!!!!!

So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I can always dig out a book if it comes to it and make something from a pattern - something I do when I'm stuck for ideas!

I have a few frames so could make a picture (not sure where I'd hang it)... or I could make something for a friend (but I'm running out of friends to give quilled presents to unless I go round them again).

I'm open to most suggestions. I like making pictures and little £D models mostly - something that takes more than an evening! So any ideas???

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Indri....you will have to excuse my ignorance but what does quilling look like?
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac Moon Designs View Post
      Indri....you will have to excuse my ignorance but what does quilling look like?
      Boy am I glad you asked that first I dont feel quite so daft now

Comment

Its very thin strips of paper rolled and curled to make pictures or 3d items. http://www.handcraftersvillage.com/quilling.htm
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Some of my work:

Russian Dolls

Fairy

Floral Box

Mask

And a map of the world which took me nearly 18 months to make and is almost A3 in size.
          Some detail:
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

lovely work,

How about getting ready for easter and doing some little rabbits or eggs or something

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose View Post
              lovely work,

How about getting ready for easter and doing some little rabbits or eggs or something
              That's an idea! I'd forgotten I've got some polystyrene eggs put away somewhere....

any other ideas gratefully received!
              View my flickr

Comment

Well, before Easter there's Valentines Day and Mothers Day so maybe you could try hearts and/or flowers?

Linda

Comment

thinking of valentines day and mothers day , how about making some Memory boxes ?

I have 2 memory boxes ,they are big enough to hold small special mementoes and photos.Ideal for someone to fill for valentines or mothers day and much more personal
                  Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                  my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                  my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

omg that last one must of being taken ages!! they are brilliant xx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Wiser and impressed

Comment

Well, that's given me a few ideas so far. I have a PhD student where I work who's an expectant father - baby due in Jan so may make him and his wife a card as my first project. We already know its a girl! Then I'll have to look at what else I can do!
                        View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X