got wind!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got wind!!

I guess I knew last night when I looked online at the weather forcast and saw 35mph gusts that I might not be going to the christmas farmers market. I woke up several times last night to the sound of a howling gale and rubbish blowing along the road. 6am this morning the alarm woke me and I got up and looked out the window to see the trees bending in the wind. The rain was horizontal and I had to admit that it was stupid to even attempt to set up my satll at the christmas farmers market.
    I'm seriously peed off. but there is no way my stock would have stayed put and I'd be constantly scrabbling in the mud for this and that. I'm so glad that other than the christmas spiders, there was nothing specifically made for christmas. The spiders can be recycled into pendants so it's not a huge loss. The down side is that the Christmas market is normally a really good spending market with people buying presents for teachers etc. Still I guess the teachers at south Cave school need a break from receiving my jewellery from evry child in the school (wild exaduration there!)
    So what to do with my now empty day?
    Eden is going to a dance rehersal, Ollie has already gone to orchestra practice.
    Think I may send Joe up into the loft to get the Christmas tree out and so I need to do a big clean and tidy. I also need to empty all the market boxes.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Yep, there was serious wind last night.Im sure things have fallen off walls in the garden.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

It howled down the chimmney! And it's still tippin' it down

I'm meant to be going skiing today! Yuk

I'm sorry you couldn't do your stall, there'll be other times, and I'm sure with Christmas around the corner you have plenty of other things to do
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

drove past this morning. Looked beautiful with lights on all the stalls. I don't think I was the only stall holder missing though.
        Fair turn out of people for the horrendous cold raining and winsy weather!

Comment

Biker girls with no underwear yesterday and discussion on a wind problem today... I think we are going to have to monitor this BBD person...

Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
            Biker girls with no underwear yesterday and discussion on a wind problem today... I think we are going to have to monitor this BBD person...

You and what army?

Comment

What a blooming shame - mind you it was not what I was expecting you talk about when I looked at your heading hee hee

Weather was really bad here as well last night but all seems to be calm now (although horrid, wet and grey).

Shame about you not being able to put up stall buy hey, look on the bright side and see just what you can get done today - as in christmas tree.. yaaa

Pauline
              Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Sorry about your wind!!! Seriously though, what a shame after the preparation, but no point getting blown away with all your stock. Have a good day anyway.
                Cynthia
                http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Shame about you not being able to put up stall buy hey, look on the bright side and see just what you can get done today - as in christmas tree.. yaaa

Pauline

yeah, I could be getting loads done .... but I've got forum OCD. I just have to check for new posts before I go and get on with anything else

Comment

My skiing got cancelled so I put the iron on thinking I could get on with housework, I thought I'll just check the forum and now I've got sidetracked by karaoke!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                      My skiing got cancelled so I put the iron on thinking I could get on with housework, I thought I'll just check the forum and now I've got sidetracked by karaoke!!!!
                      Knew I could rely on you, Louise, now get singing...
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Hee hee it's a good job it's only virtual, I'd scare the lot of you away with my real voice

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                          Hee hee it's a good job it's only virtual, I'd scare the lot of you away with my real voice
                          Shame, I had your name down for the Forum Carol Singers...
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

Well if you go by the game Rock Band...I can 100% songs on expert

(but I think it lies!)

Comment

what a shame BDD, do you get your money back if its something like weather stopping you going. Hope you sell your christmas spiders at another market before the big day.

Comment

Working...
                              X