Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever felt a little disappointed in someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever felt a little disappointed in someone?

I entered a few items in the Craftjuice Christmas competition for some fun. I've emailed some of my friends and customers to let them know about the competition and to encourage them to vote for their favourite designs to drive some traffic towards the site, which is a great platform for promoting crafts at no cost to the crafter.

I found out that someone had left a comment on one of my items which appears to have been malicious in intent, which left quite a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

I was stunned that someone could do such a thing in a free competition to celebrate a festive time of year and the season of goodwill.

If it meant that much to someone to win some pocket money, I'd gladly step to one side but I was a little shocked to see the approach that some people would take a little dig in this way.

All I'd like to say is go to www.craftjuice.com and vote for your favourite Christmas designs of all the creations featured... if I do win, any prize money that I get will be donated to a charity (which I'd post on here) as I feel that this shows a more appropriate spirit at this time of year.
    Last edited by woodtattoos; 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

I say who needs them. Put it out of your mind, because they are not worth it. These people are not in the Christmas spirit clearly. I hope you win and am off to vote now. Its a lovely thing your doing giving the winnings to charity.
    Amanda
    xx

Comment

That is so mean, I wonder if someone saw you as a threat and thought by adding nasty comments it might stop you getting votes and they'd stand more chance of winning.

Forget about their mean comments and concentrate on how many people love your work and have voted for you...including me
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

You deserve to win ...................because you are such a wonderful fluffy person.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          You deserve to win ...................because you are such a wonderful fluffy person.
          And my chosen charity should clearly be the "Care for Beaders in the Community" obviously... or is he beyond our help, everyone?
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
            And my chosen charity should clearly be the "Care for Beaders in the Community" obviously... or is he beyond our help, everyone?
            more to the point - do we want to try?

and I don't mean that in a nasty way . . . . Peter is quite funny and he does have his good points . . . although maybe not all crafters can see them but we can!

Si, you got my vote for all your items.

I have a question - I had to register to vote (see what I did for you) so I don't really know how this voting thing works so . . . . .

Is it a bad thing if I click "bury it"?

Fear not Si - I didn't do it to one of your items! Just something I saw and thought was hideous but now I'm not sure if I should have done it.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

IGNORE THE NASTY LITTLE PEOPLE SI!!! I HAVE VOTED FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO WIN. SUE XX
              http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

They obviously have a lot of inadequacies themselves and are jeaolous of you ability to create beautiful things, therefore have to be petty and nasty, they are not worth it.

Keep pyroing

Comment

There are some people who get a perverse kick out of being nasty or spiteful for no other reason than that they can. The longer you give credence to what they've written, the more pleasure it will give them. I agree with the others, they obviously have no idea of what they're talking about.........you know your work is good and your customers (and others) agree with you
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Ok ok I've been and voted for you. Not sure why anybody would even bother going to the trouble of leaving negative comments but there we are. The votes are coming in thick and fast!
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Si,
                      anyone who leaves nasty comments really shouldn't be on Crfat juice. It's like this forum, a supportive and encourageing place for crafters. Your work is fabulous.
                      To leave a negative comment, is purely a reflection of the person that's left it. Don't know what was said, but I hope you don't take it too much to heart.
                      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Don't worry Si your storming ahead now LOL.
                        Ignore envious people. They are really not worth the effort mate. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

How strange somebody should make such a big issue over an design that is so obviously purely decorative !!. I agree ignore her and move , jealousy is a nasty trait

Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it. ~Honore de Balzac
                          Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                          my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                          my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks to one and all. To be honest, I nearly withdrew all my items from the competition but then I decided to make the most of the situation and turn something negative into a positive by helping someone in need if I do win.

The comments themselves didn't concern me, it's just the thought that people would try such a thing. The 'member' who left the comment also seems to have joined up in order to add this one post, as their member name bears an uncanny resemblance to mine.

At the end of the day, they have had the opposite effect if they did intend to cast a negative shadow on the items.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Human beings can be very strange creatures indeed! I find it most odd that anyone would want to leave negative comments on Craft Juice, as beadsbydesign said, it's supposed to be a supportive environment, not a destructive one!! I've voted for you too - was it Newton that said 'to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'?
                              Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Working...
                              X