bah humbug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bah humbug

Does anyone else have a Bah Humbug OH ??? Mine is really pi$$ing me off at the moment. I was really looking forward to putting up my tree but it turns out that the lights dont work so i asked him to go out and et some more. And now he's moaning cause i want 600 lights on a 6ft tree!!!! His face just trips him all xmas! I could just punch him!!
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

PMSL! Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at your last remark!
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi -ya

Besides getting him to put the 600 lights up you could also get a set that sings continuous Christmas tunes LOL that would make him even happier wouldn't it.Men don't you just LUVVVV them
      OH Happy Days
      Jacki
      ***I can't promise you the MOON, but I can promise SPARKLE.***

http://wiganscraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

he he. But Gail, i totally could punch him. I mean, im not asking much am i? 600 bloody lights and some smiles through Xmas! ggggrrrrr
        Snowf1975

Comment

Mine is exactly the same!!!! I did manage to persuade him to help me get the tree down from the loft but he refused to do another thing! I sat on the floor for at least an hour untangling the damn lights (how do they get in a knot) and he never said a word. If I don't switch on the tree lights at night they stay off!! He's insisting we don't buy each other anything although in fairness we are off to Florida on the 28th so will get stuff out there. Also asked his parents on 4th Oct if they would like to come for Christmas Day and their reply was 'we don't know what we are doing' which I take to mean 'we'll wait and see if daughter with grandkids invites us' Still haven't heard a thing and its now only 2 weeks away!!! God I sound like a humbug now but they are doing my head in!!!!! Selina

Comment

hahaha must say your comments have had me really laughing, now I know why I ditched my ex!!!!! Now I put up what decs I want when I want (children permitting) and dont have to look at his merable mug all the time!!!!! Me and mine just do what we want, when we want on Christmas day now, dinner in the evening, presents whenever, LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

My OH never gets excited about xmas, birthdays or anniversaries. He won't even go to any xmas parties. Apart from xmas his parents never bothered either, we always got a birthday card but no present.
              One year I gave him a bag of humbugs and he didn't get the joke, just complained that he didn't like humbugs !! -him - me

Melanie

Comment

600 lights thats nothing we got a fiber optic to stop the hastle of stringing the lights up every year we got thousands.

no seriously my Oh is also a humbug won't put tree up till next weekend. I might just have to do it myself whilst he is at work.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

well, im so glad my OH isnt the only one! All is well now. he came home with 400 lights but i ended up only useing 200. The tree and all the inside decs are up but my OH apparently cant find the outside decs up the loft. Yeah, right. I'll be having a hoak about up there tomorrow night and i'll bet you anything that i find them! ha ha

AND Mirical on 34th street is just about to start on the telly!!! bliss!
                  Snowf1975

Comment

Urbtaf is just the same. I bought silly santa hats for us all a few years ago and he has a black one with Bah Humbug written on it. He also wears badges with "anti-christmas" phrases on! Won't have anything to do with the lights - the outside of my house has tons of em but they've been up all year so they need checking before I'm allowed to switch them on. He refuses to do it but his son has been so busy working and doesn't get home til its dark so he hasn't had time to do it. I am sooooo frustrated.

What annoys me is that whilst he doesn't help with the decorations or try to get into the christmas spirit, he has no objections to enjoying all the party food and drink that I dish up.

Maybe we should kidnap them all and lock them up all together so that we get to enjoy the festivities without having to endure their lack of enthusiasm.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Banhim to the garage Aunty. I am sooooo gona get a rolicking for that one. but I don't care.
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

No just a double BAH HUMBUG

Comment

I was going to say it was maybe just Scottish men with the 'bah humbug' syndrome as mine is the same until I read the other comments!! I wouldn't mind but all he has to do is get presents for me and even then he has his daughter's help, while I get everyone's presents. Add to that, the fact that I work 7 days a week now until Christmas....he has got it soooo easy and is still a miserable git
                          www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X