Just been contacted on etsy to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been contacted on etsy to say

my knitting pattern is overpriced. Feeling a bit put out actually, its cheaper than most of the others on there so I didnt think it was too bad. They have offered to pay me half what it is listed for and told me I wont sell it.

Would you totally ignore? Do you think they are just trying it on?

Only just started listing on etsy, feel a bit wierd now
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

I'd totally ignore it. It's either someone trying it on to get it cheaper or your competition trying to get the wind up you. Seems a perfectly reasonable price to me. Tell them if it's too much they don't have to buy it.
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Quite likely trying it on seeing as you're new to etsy.
      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
      website
      blog

Comment

Trying it on!

I had something similar on Etsy when I first started, advice from other etsians was to just ignore it or send a polite message, saying thank you for your interest, unfortunately, the price is non-negotiable.

If they really want, they will pay the asking price.
        Find me on Etsy & Facebook

Comment

Hadnt thought she might be competition, just had a look at her feedback and she doesnt have any items for sale but has bought loads of other cake patterns, am guessing she didnt get them all to drop their price and most of them were more expensive than mine. Cant imagine sending someone a message like that, was rather unpleasant.

Thank you for words of encouragement, I think you are probably right but wanted to see what others thought to set my mind at rest!
          flickr
          blog
          my website
          etsy

Comment

Tell them if they REALLY want the pattern, that's the price they'll have to pay!
            It seems very reasonably priced to me.
            Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Originally posted by gigglinggoblin View Post
              Hadnt thought she might be competition, just had a look at her feedback and she doesnt have any items for sale but has bought loads of other cake patterns, am guessing she didnt get them all to drop their price and most of them were more expensive than mine. Cant imagine sending someone a message like that, was rather unpleasant.
              All pretty cheeky by the sounds of it ! Some people have a lot of front - good idea to check her out though as kind of puts another perspective on it.
              Mel

Comment

I replied to say thank you for her kind words of advice but I was going to hang on and see what happened for myself, she has replied to say she knits patterns for needy kids around the world and has purchased loads of patterns through etsy (tho she didnt mention whether they were reduced for her or if she paid full price which is more than mine) including a chocolate eclair which was with a bundle of others for the same price. Then she said if I think I know best, and want to waste my money relisting and no sales, that is completely up to me, my choice. What a welcome! Have put her down on my list of nutters to avoid. Still shocked tho, this is my first etsy convo, I just hope everyone else is a bit nicer!
                flickr
                blog
                my website
                etsy

Comment

she has replied to say she knits patterns for needy kids around the world
                  Hmmm...going for emotional blackmail now is she, the cheeky mare! Just ignore her or block her if you can. Selling is hard enough without people like her.
                  Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I know what you mean, as soon as I read the needy kids comment all credibility flew out of the window - I guess she might but if I did I wouldnt use it as an excuse to have a go at someone
                    flickr
                    blog
                    my website
                    etsy

Comment

I bet she doesn't! If she did, she'd be only too aware that a few nicely spoken words would reap lots of freebies for her chosen cause. She's just conning you (well...trying to!)
                      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

what a horrid experience for you

Comment

Clearly she is bonkers!

Tell her if she is the experienced knitter she claims to be, then she would surely appreciate the hard work that goes into producing such work. Tell her there is alot of cheaper tat available on the internet for people that do not require the level of quality that you are selling and also that much of it is free for people such as herself.

I have paid more than that for patterns on the internet, and yours are gorgeous, particularly the rose! Tell her to sling her hook!

Comment

Guys this thread was in november 2008!
                            Elin
                            xx
                            Come and say hello at:
                            My blog - Elin's Cards
                            My website - Cards by Elin
                            My facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                            X