Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a project in Beads & Beyond magazine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a project in Beads & Beyond magazine...

its the 'Butterfly necklace' page 34....
    Mel

Yes you have and its gorgeous!! It is such a pretty necklace I love it. Well done!
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

congratulations. it's lovely seeing your project in print.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

congratulations BeadsbyLili

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

WOW! congratulations!
          Sarah

Comment

Thank you everyone - it was exciting to see it & I did jump up & down a bit ..
            Mel

Comment

Well done! I haven't had a chance to look but will check it out next time I see a copy.

For the benefit of others who may be interested in getting their work into print, perhaps you could share with us all the 'journey' that you took to get it there? I know that many different crafters would be keen to hear your experience!

Some people are brave/confident enough to send in their work, others may want to know a few do's and don'ts or just a bit of general advice.

Congrats anyway!
              Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ashbee View Post
                Well done! I haven't had a chance to look but will check it out next time I see a copy.

For the benefit of others who may be interested in getting their work into print, perhaps you could share with us all the 'journey' that you took to get it there? I know that many different crafters would be keen to hear your experience!

Some people are brave/confident enough to send in their work, others may want to know a few do's and don'ts or just a bit of general advice.

Congrats anyway!
                Ooh 'journey' sounds very grand - LOL - there's no real mystery to it. So far it just seems to me that different mags will have their own requirements i.e. once you have contacted them they will tell you if they need/like the project and then what they need from you (such as photos & textwise). Some mags like to take in submissions but some prefer to keep to their own regular contributers so 'rejection' does not necessarily mean your stuff is no good! Most of them have contact details at the front near the editorial page. HTH

Thanks Ashbee
                Mel

Comment

Working...
                X