Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, what are 12 yr old girls into now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help, what are 12 yr old girls into now

    I would like to make something for my Granddaughter who is 12 (going on 16) for Christmas. I don't know what is trendy today. I am pretty nifty with pins, needles and sewing machines so please help with ideas. She is definately a modern miss. I have got some matching earings and bracelet from Selina but wondered about bags or knitted or chrochet hats, scarves, tops, bedroom accessories etc., etc., ??????
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

  • #2
    Come on Carol, sparkly things or black. Delivered by a 18 year old boy if shes anything like my daughter was.
    God the number of spotty oiks I pinned up against the wall with the warning, daughters are such hard work

    Comment


    • #3
      Go to tthe local supermarket and look at a teenag emag and see what's happening in there.
      My 14 year old niece is into dayglow colours and tutus.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign


      Comment


      • #4
        You're all scaring me......
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

        Comment


        • #5
          What about a make-up case? You could fill it up with little lip glosses and eye shadows when you have made it (if she's allowed make-up?)
          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
            What about a make-up case? You could fill it up with little lip glosses and eye shadows when you have made it (if she's allowed make-up?)
            Thats an idea, I'll talk to her Mum. thanks
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

            Comment


            • #7
              Great idea about the make-up case. I bought my 12yo niece fruity lip gloss and nail varnish.

              Melanie

              Comment


              • #8
                Superdrug have some good mini make-up things, my sister got some for prizes at her birthday party
                MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

                Comment


                • #9
                  i agree, i think the makeup case is a great idea for a young girl
                  alternatively just go for cute christmassy things...like hat, scarf, glove set..or slippers...orrrr hot water bottle warmer.
                  :S

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My niece was 12 recently (made me feel reeeealy old! I first met her when she was 18 months!) I made her a bag out of a pair of jeans, the bum bit was the bag and one of the legs was the handle. I made a scull applique too. (I put a piccy up way back)

                    She really liked it and phoned us up to say thanks (She doesn't do that usually!!) Said she really liked unusual handmade stuff!! I had to say thank you on the forum because I got the idea off a lady here!

                    Best part was, it only took an afternoon and cost £1.99 to make. OH usually sends a tenner (he got off lightly!)

                    Debbie
                    Debbie
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1262375772

                    http://www.folksy.com/shops/purplemac

                    http://purplemac.misi.co.uk/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by purplemac View Post
                      My niece was 12 recently (made me feel reeeealy old! I first met her when she was 18 months!) I made her a bag out of a pair of jeans, the bum bit was the bag and one of the legs was the handle. I made a scull applique too. (I put a piccy up way back)

                      She really liked it and phoned us up to say thanks (She doesn't do that usually!!) Said she really liked unusual handmade stuff!! I had to say thank you on the forum because I got the idea off a lady here!

                      Best part was, it only took an afternoon and cost £1.99 to make. OH usually sends a tenner (he got off lightly!)

                      Debbie
                      Yes, I remember, I saw it. That was great and just the sort of thing she would go for. I may well have a go, thanks.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Luminous green tops, bright blue eyeshadow, big chunky black trainers if my 12 year old stepdaughter is anything to go by
                        Can't help you with what to make but Mary-Kate and Ashley perfume or make up usually goes down well. If she's into jewellery, what about a jewellery roll? Now, you could make that!!
                        www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by teallach View Post
                          Luminous green tops, bright blue eyeshadow, big chunky black trainers if my 12 year old stepdaughter is anything to go by
                          Can't help you with what to make but Mary-Kate and Ashley perfume or make up usually goes down well. If she's into jewellery, what about a jewellery roll? Now, you could make that!!
                          I could if knew what one was. Can you help me with that please?
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            pattern here. http://www.pfaffusa.com/721_4876.html
                            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              12 yr olds

                              It's 11 year olds and 13 year olds around here. But make-up bags with bits and pieces. Crocheted hats, knitted or crocheted/beaded cuffs to wear like a bracelet.

                              Anything of a recycled/re-purposed denim nature - ie make-up bags, wristlet type bags and if they have a zip - bag charms. Definately bag and keyring charms, mobile phone charms - extremely cool accessories those. Pink seems to be an o.k colour again as does lilac and lavender type colours.

                              Best of luck ....
                              Julia

                              Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
                              Facebook:
                              https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
                              Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X