Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling a bit sorry for myself

Anyone want an abscess?

You can have mine - honestly, I really don't need it.

Its the THIRD one I've had in 10 weeks so I really don't mind giving it away to anyone.

And I promise I won't charge you for it.

And to make matters worse - I really have got to go to work tomorrow . . . outside . . . . in the cold . . . .

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Aww! I hope you feel better soon!
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

awwwwww bless but as much as I like to receive free stuff I don't want it so all I can do is give you some more

Hope you feel better real soon!!

Pauline
      Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I'll bring you some bongela chuck.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Bonjella?????

Is that a joke? Perhaps I should tell you that my abscess is not in my mouth! ('nuff said!)

I thought I'd just have to keep taking the horse-tablets (500 mg antibiotics . . . . 10 days of them this time!) and hope it clears up from the inside. But if anyone knows anything that will work I (think) I'd try anything.
          Auntynet

Comment

OOPS sorry chuck I won't ask where then.

Comment

I had a repeated abcess and went to casualty and got it lanced, OMG the relief.
              Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
              I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Oooh nasty!!

(try a post in Beauty, Soaps and Cosmetics to see if anyone makes a product with either Fuller's Earth or Bentonite Clay)
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

Comment

magnesium paste should draw it out or lint
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Oooh AuntyNet I sympathise as hubby gets them quite a lot (you might remember my post when they sent him straight to hospital last time). Apparently because they're 'contained' antibiotics often won't touch them and mag sulph won't either if it's quite deep. It might be worth going to the doctors again and asking about getting it lanced. Oh and hubby is constantly being tested for diabetes as apparently recurrent abcsesses is a common symptom.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hope it gets better soon; I have no advice for you though sorry
                      www.beadlab.com

Comment

Awww sounds miserable, hope you get it sorted and feel better soon (((hugs)))
                        "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                        Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                        Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Thanks everyone for your sympathy - somehow it seems to help when you're getting mollycoddled - even if it is virtually.

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                          Oooh AuntyNet I sympathise as hubby gets them quite a lot (you might remember my post when they sent him straight to hospital last time). Apparently because they're 'contained' antibiotics often won't touch them and mag sulph won't either if it's quite deep. It might be worth going to the doctors again and asking about getting it lanced. Oh and hubby is constantly being tested for diabetes as apparently recurrent abcsesses is a common symptom.
                          I had the diabetes test last week and it came back ok so its not that. I guess I'm just one of those people that is prone to them. As for visiting the docs again - well, lets just say that I am on first name terms with my doc and that is NOT a joke, it really is true, if you don't believe me just ask Urbtaf!

Years ago I had an abscess on my bum and ended up spending 5 days in hospital to have that one sorted out with a visit from the District Nurse to change the dressing everyday for 2 weeks after I was allowed home.

The good news is that I wasn't well enough to go to the market today so after I got Urbtaf off to work I went and had a bath . . . . . as hot as I could stand! I gradually kept running more and more hot water in cos I was determined I was gonna "draw" it. My blood pressure must have been sky high cos it was so hot I was going dizzy but IT WORKED!!!! Have to say it knocked me a bit sick though so I went back to bed for a couple of hours but when I got up at lunchtime (hey - I was ill! ) I felt sooooo much better. Took a couple of pain killers after my brunch and an hour later I couldn't feel a thing. You never know - I might even be able to get some knickers on tomorrow!

Think I better lay off the vodka tonight as I want the antibiotics to work this time!!!
                          Auntynet

Comment

And may I add, after the burst I feel so much safer in the house

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                              You never know - I might even be able to get some knickers on tomorrow!

TMI honey but glad you feel better I missed you at the market today. But you had a lucky escape. Ask urbtaf.

Comment

Working...
                              X