Got a funny story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a funny story?

Just wondered what funny stories everyone has about their crafting? E.g. family, friends and customers comments/feedback. Silly things overheard at craft fayres, pets and kids at home etc....

Anything goes!!
    Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

"That's not proper jewellery - she makes it herself".

How many of you hear that and smile?
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post

Some people have such a cheek!!!

Comment

I told a colleague once that I did pyrography... from the look on his face, it was clear that he knew only one word that starts with the letter P and ends in -ography.

Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Some people!!

Lady Lora

Comment

Best one I hear albeit the most annoying.... "you'll make a fortune with those"! I wish, I wish, I wish.
            Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

"Your stuff is lovely and I would buy it all....... If I had money on me"

Less funny than annoying though
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

I made a card for my mother last year for mother's day. I sweated blood and tears over it because I know she is very..............particular (for want of a better word). Anyhoo, I phoned her on mother's day and asked if she'd got the card. Her reply....

'oh yes, i don't like pink'

she now gets shop-bought ones
                www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

My family are a bit like that Pagan. I have managed to convert my mum even though she doesn't usually wear any jewellery but that was cos I made her a bracelet with healing stones when she was ill but, credit where its due, she does wear the bracelet all the time now.

I've also managed to convert my sister now as she was gonna buy a swav bracelet for £30 from a craft fair we attended so I offered to make her one for her xmas pressie. When I took it for her to try on she wanted it there and then.

So don't give up hope - your mam may just surprise you one day.
                  Auntynet

Comment

So don't give up hope - your mam may just surprise you one day.
                    I've been waiting 44 years Auntynet, i'm not holding out too much hope She raved on and on about a friend of hers who makes cards so I asked her to send me on. It was a badly cut piece of sugar paper with stickers on it!
                    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

very very cheeky...

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

When I was at work today (craft shop) a woman rang up and was asking me for something like ribbon, I said 'no, I'm sorry, I don't think we stock that', I was just getting ready to hang up when she asked me to go check anyway, so I did.
                        I found something similar that might have done the job, I picked up the phone and described it to her, then she started getting shirty with me about how it wouldn't do, and if we obviously didn't stock it why didn't I say so straight away!

Err helloo! I had said that we didn't have it, I'd have loved to have told her that I'd already stated that, but I think the way I'd have phrased it would have got me into serious trouble!

Who said the customer is always right?!
                        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                          Who said the customer is always right?!
                          Definitely not me!
                          Auntynet

Comment

Grrr! If only they didn't pay my wages
                            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Working...
                            X