Anniversary Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary Presents

We got married on my birthday which is 30th December, we have xmas 5 days before, we have 2 family anniversaries in Dec, we have 2 other birthdays in December and 2 early January so for our first wedding anniversary we agreed that as its such an expensive time of year for us we would never spend any more than £5 on an anniversary present for each other. We've kinda turned it into a little competition to see who can get the naffest, most useless present for the least amount of money.

It doesn't matter what it was or how bad a present it is but it has to be related to the year - that is . . .

1st = paper. I got a copy of Heat magazine and he got a newspaper (I won cos I only spent 35p).

2nd = cotton. I got a diary with a pic of Dot Cotton on it and he got a sewing kit (we tied this year as we both bought things from Poundland.

3rd = leather. I got a leather bound note book and he got a leather coin tray. For once we both got decent presents and not something naff but I won cos he paid £5 and I only paid £4.95.

Tonight I checked what it is for the 4th anniversary and this year we have a choice of fruit, flowers, linen, silk or nylon. Don't know why but I was under the impression it was books, which would have been very easy.

I have been very specific in that I don't want an apple, orange or any other piece of fruit. Nor do I want a handkerchief. He has to be more imaginative than that. Now he's just moaning cos he can't think of anything.

Oh, BTW - if any of you lot put any ideas on this thread and he uses one of those it will be disqualified.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

What a cool Idea.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

What a cool Idea. British says Jewelry. http://24carat.co.uk/anniversariesframe.html

This one says linen http://www.the-inspirations-store.co...niversary.html
      Last edited by goldy1; 07-11-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Well now that makes it a lot easier doesn't it!
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

no .....

Comment

Working...
          X