an unadulterated moan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an unadulterated moan

I hate this time of year. One of my bc's is really highly strung and all these flippin fireworks going off tonight, and the past two weeks has her climbing the walls. I wish, wish, wish this country would ban the flamin things to the public and only allow organised fireworks displays........away from residential areas
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Same here dog sat under my chair shaking. music up load but fireworks going off next door garden.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I couldn't agree more I have a 2 year old little girl who has just gone to bed. Fingers crossed so far so good. I have been telling her a story every night for the last fortnight about how the fairys make big bangs to tell each other to come out to play at night. Tonight is the first night she has not screamed the house down so it looks like the story has worked.

Hope you don't mind me asking what is a bc? I'm guessing a dog or cat?
      www.mummycupcake.misi.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mummycupcake/

Comment

Originally posted by mummycupcake View Post
        Hope you don't mind me asking what is a bc? I'm guessing a dog or cat?

sorry....bc is a Border Collie
        www.corrigancards.com

Comment

I'm with you on that Pagan, my GSP is a nervous wreck, he won't leave my side.
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

My "bc" is also upset, can't settle at all, playing The Cure real loud but he can still hear the bangs. Jack russell is not worried in the slightest! Still, there's a whole weekend of fireworks to come
            http://lomondsoap.blogspot.com
            http://lomondsoap.com

Comment

Our dog is 16 yrs old and is a little deaf now so he's not too bad today - he was shaking a bit when we got home from work at 7 pm but he seems to be ok now we're home and the tv is on. Also, the gardens around here aren't big enough to hold a bonfire and there's not too many small children around so there aren't that many fireworks going off (compared to previous years).

Its not always been this easy though, in previous years he's been known to whimper and shake with fear for a few weeks before and a few weeks after bonfire night.

I agree that they should ban the sale of fireworks unless its a community organisation and even they should have to apply for licences to hold a bonfire and/or firework display.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

well I think my 9 year old jack russell has gone deaf , normally she is a wreck and hiding under our bed...must get her ears checked ...but I fully agree
                Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

our other BC is fine, he's just lying there wondering why she's making all this fuss
                  www.corrigancards.com

Comment

We have a large field opposite our house, with a patch of tar and some sheds. A huge bonfire gets lit every year, mostly by kids I might add. There are fireworks lit near the garages, they are small and our neighbours advise us when they are going to happen and supervise it properly (actually, I don't think they are doing it this year). Even so, I really don't see the point at all. No-one seems to do it to celebrate anything other than a lot of noise. The fires are dangerous too, they aren't organised and children carry huge bits of wood and assorted items up the street (very scary when driving your car and they are walking on the road like I was an half an hour ago) None of the adults stop them because they get all the rubbish lifted out of their gardens without any effort on their part.

I sound like a right moaner now. We don't have pets so it doesn't bother them, we do have three children but the older two find it exciting and the wee one picks up on that so he is quite happy. I still cannot understand how parents can let their children start a huge bonfire without supervision though. There may be a couple of adults there (it is hard to see from here) but some of the children carrying the wood etc didn't have any of their parents there, and they put the wood on themselves!
                    My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                    http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is the first year since 1977 I haven't had to worry about a dog on bonfire night. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only one night, but they started in September and they won't stop till new year!

Comment

We have a Springer who willl prob have to sleep with us tonight, as too scared to stay downstairs - also hoping the horrendously loud rockets 2 doors down don't wake up the 12 month old.

I do love fireworks, but only before 7pm!!

Comment

Personally we love fireworks and this is the first year than we haven't had our own organised bonfire/firework party which is usually attended by all of our friends and most of the neighbours (all of which are warned beforehand) and the kids are kept well away from the fire and fireworks.

Our dogs (two chihuahuas) couldn't care less about the noise and are quite happy lying in front of the fire, it's me who's sick of them this year as I've not been very well and the banging seems to be going on forever.

I do agree though, that kids shouldn't be allowed to take part without supervision (if at all) and that in order to buy fireworks you should need some sort of form or licence to stop so many peole taking advantage of the excuse to make a lot of noise.

Comment

I have one cat sitting next to me wondering what all the fuss is about whilst her little friend is upstairs under the bed where she has been for at least the last week. Silly thing is the scared one will sit next to the open fire and not bat an eyelid at a sparking log but one firework bang and shes gone!! Selina

Comment

On a bit of a lighter note - I always smile when I remember one particular bonfire night when my son was about 7 or 8 years old.

My sister had just moved house and it has a huge allotment to the side of it. Having loads of rubbish to dispose of (due to them having to clear the previous owners furniture out (an old lady with no relatives)) they decided to have a bonfire on the allottment so we were all invited - 6 brothers and sisters plus partners, loads of friends and about 20 kids between us all. We all shared the food preparation, brought some alcohol and everyone bought a box of fireworks but we didn't buy any of the big display fireworks because the house is at the top a hill near to the local social club who were also having a bonfire and firework display.

Anyway, we were all having a great time and when the club started their firework display we naturally all stood and watched in silence apart from the usual ooohs and ahhhs. My son turned round to me and asked "mummy, why haven't we got big fireworks like those?" to which I replied with such sincerity "those fireworks cost such a lot of money and if we'd spent our money on some of those, we wouldn't have had any left to buy vodka". He just accepted my explanation with a simple "oh, ok then."

Apparently all my sister's friends still laugh about it now 10 years later.
                              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                              X