It's Freeeeezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Freeeeezing

I'm so cold I can barely type and as for making cards - no chance. All the customers that have come in so far today have said how lovely and warm it is in here, I suppose compared to outside it might be but my hands and feet are like blocks of ice and I'm soooooooo cold. My mum and dad popped in earlier with a hot bacon sarnie (yum ) and I'm hugging a cup of tea now. I'm sat here daydreaming about a nice snuggly blanket and hot chocolate....only another 4 1/2 hours til I can go home
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Want to swap for the market? lol I am inside now too brrrrrrrrrrrr, I can't believe i am so cold too.. shiver !

Comment

I know it is bitter. The only good thing with making candles in the winter is that I am always nice and warm - not so good in the summer though feel like I am working in a boiler room - having said that didn't have much problem this summer though!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

A pair of fingerless gloves work wonders. A hot water bottle helps to or maybe even http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...ated&source=15
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I think I might invest in some of those heated clothing items (thanks for the link) - I drove 28 miles on a classic tractor last Easter Sunday in bitter weather and had on more layers of clothing than you'd think possible! (going to the loo in a portaloo at lunch stop was not easy)

We have a local December run and if this weather is here to stay the gloves will be great.
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

You have my sympathy Netty. Im in the house with boiler bouncing and im still cold brrr... could be the nasty cold bug I have at the mo though. First one of the winter yuck !!! I want to get on with crafting but im sooo tired yawn !!!! I too am looking forward to crawling back under the duvet. Kids are on the rampage the house is a midden, and im just couldn't care less he he he! xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

perfect cure ..... go and stand outside for a while, when you come back in you'll feel really warm!

I get to wearing a hat and a poncho in my work room.

At the market I am too cold to even consider going to the loo. I'd rather wait in discomfort!! I spend so long layering up and tucking in that if I did go to the loo I'm sure I'd leave a little draft somewhere. And my hands are always so cold
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Just had a load of primary aged kids plus mums pile in the shop en masse, they'd done a halloween treasure hunt in the country park - in fancy dress! Just the look of their frozen little faces as they came in made me feel not so cold any more the poor things. One little lad dressed as a bat only had tights on his legs and was very reluctant to leave the shop and go out in the cold again
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

It really is freeeeeezing!
                  My sister dragged me out shopping at 11am and we've only just got home at 7pm, and I've just discovered that one of my shopping bags has gone walk-about, I hope Karina knows where it is, if not I have lost it
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

im freezing my boilers broken! finding it hard to sew beads on a bag...my poor fingers...must keep going...eheh.
                    Sam

Comment

Mu mum's over here from the South of France, I had to put the fire on all day this week (we've got lots of wood at the moment fortunately but it's not good wood and takes ages to burn and keep alight). She won't admit she's cold, but I can tell she is. It was only 15C in the house this morning and it takes a couple of hours to heat.

Isn't it supposed to be just a cold snap and it'll go back to higher temps again, I heard it won't be freezing tonight, unlike the last couple of days.
                      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

It's currently down to 34.5F (just over 1C) here in N.Wales about 600 feet above sea level so there'll be a ground frost - may even get down to fully freezing air frost.

I've just had a look at a few forecast sites and we're likelyto have overnight frosts on Friday and Saturday so don't know when we're going to warm up here.

There's snow still lying on the tops - it didn't last very long at this level.
                        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                        website
                        blog

Comment

I t is very........ cold...My hands tend to dark purple
                          How colourful hands..
                          our clothing store : www.leevisia.com

Comment

Oh dear, if it's any consolation, my feet are blotchy red, blue and purple, they're sooo cold, I suppose I shouldn't complain, I am sat in my warm house. Maybe it's sympathy pains for Nattynetty, Jangle, Beadsbydesign and anyone else freezing their bottoms off sat outside
                            MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Working...
                            X