Has anyone heard of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of...

Has anyone heard of Pheonix Trading. They have asked for a table at the craft fair. What I am asking is are they crafters or not. Help please
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Hmm this rings a bell, i think someone new introduced themselves as something to do with that, i'll see if i can find it
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Ta everso.
      Carol

Comment

Here is the link, maybe you could pm Lesa and she might be able to help http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...hoenix+trading
        MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Thanks Louise, she also sells rubber ducks so I will stick to that. It isn't fair competition to home crafted cards etc.,
          Carol

Comment

have pm'd you C
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Thanks for all your help - I have sorted it.
              Carol

Comment

Obviously you have the info now, but for others wanting to know they are a franchise operation - much like Avon or any other - and they buy in their stock. They are popular as they seem to manage to get into schools mums and toddlers groups etc. and get their name known, but by no means a craft. I am forever meeting someone selling at local "craft" fairs, but then they are generally ones that I know are crafts and gifts, not a true craft fair. The sellers do appear to think they are a craft though as I had a couple of enquiries for the craft fair I did here, although it was advertised as only being for people doing their own crafts.
                Cynthia
                http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
                  Obviously you have the info now, but for others wanting to know they are a franchise operation - much like Avon or any other - and they buy in their stock. They are popular as they seem to manage to get into schools mums and toddlers groups etc. and get their name known, but by no means a craft. I am forever meeting someone selling at local "craft" fairs, but then they are generally ones that I know are crafts and gifts, not a true craft fair. The sellers do appear to think they are a craft though as I had a couple of enquiries for the craft fair I did here, although it was advertised as only being for people doing their own crafts.
                  Thanks Cynthia. Whereas I agree with everyone making a crust I try not to do it at others detriment and the lady has agreed to limit her stock to a couple of items which should solve the problem.
                  Carol

Comment

Have seen these at craft fairs before also Dorling Kindersley books, again not sure where the craft comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                      Have seen these at craft fairs before also Dorling Kindersley books, again not sure where the craft comes in.
                      My problem is shortage of crafters so I have to relax hard and fast rules a little to make a go of it even though I do fully agree with your sentiments
                      Carol

Comment

I know it is difficult at the moment, if I was nearer I would apply. Do you have any craft shops around near you that you could perhaps advertise for stall holders, it should not hurt them as people buy their raw materials from somewhere and this would be more focused on the makers, which you want.

Also what about Hobbycraft as the ones near us advertise craft fair events. Not sure where your nearest is but there is one at Tamworth. Not very good with directions but I know not that far from Rugby, relatives of DH in both places.

Comment

Phoenix cards were at the fair in Atherstone organised by Audio Angel. Very nice lady selling them but not hand crafted of course.
                          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                            I know it is difficult at the moment, if I was nearer I would apply. Do you have any craft shops around near you that you could perhaps advertise for stall holders, it should not hurt them as people buy their raw materials from somewhere and this would be more focused on the makers, which you want.

Also what about Hobbycraft as the ones near us advertise craft fair events. Not sure where your nearest is but there is one at Tamworth. Not very good with directions but I know not that far from Rugby, relatives of DH in both places.
                            We have advertised quite well locally and I have had lots of response but very few want to put their money down - I think we are all getting worried where the next penny is coming from.
                            Carol

Comment

Working...
                            X