I feel so sad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so sad....

My husband has said I shouldn't write about it in case the family see, so now he's made me feel guilty and so I'm editing this post.

Thank you all for your comments, those who know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by JBJB; 16-09-2008, 08:41 PM.
    Blog Website Flickr

I have no link at all but that just brought tears to my eyes. My son is 12 this week and I gave him a really hard time last night about his homework but reading your post has made me feel awful. As you say there are no words for something like that.
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

That realy is sad. Theres nothing you can say at times like this except that your thinking of them.
      I like to make things - usually a mess!
      Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
      http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh how awful. I think it is natural to feel like you do because as a mother you are horrified that it could be you. There but for the grace of God............... Similar thing happended when Tim was about 15. A good friend was knocked off his pushbike on a main road and eventually his life support machine had to be turned off. Not a scratch or mark on him, he had hit his head on the pavement. Tim and I were devastated. The Church at the funeral was packed and when they played his favourite song 'Sweet Child of mine' - he played the drums when he was alive - everyone was in tears, it was the saddest occasion ever. One of his friends was behind us in Church and he was breaking his heart. It makes me shiver thinking of it!!!!! We all take each day so much for granted don't we? I just feel for the poor family.It looks like a funeral coming up for you now. Let us all know when it is and we can say a prayer and think about the poor little boy. Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Phew, makes you take a deep breathe doesn't it. I did the same last night janet with our 13yr old son and now want to give him a big hug. Feelings and emotions are there to be felt so let it all out...best wishes to you and the little boy's family.
          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

What a tragedy, the end of a life far too soon. There really is nothing you can say in these situations other than just letting people know that you are there if they need you.
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

Thats realy really sad....There is nothing you can say.....Expect that you are thinking of them and you are there if they need you....

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

How sad. I think it is natural for you to feel the way you are doing - last year a couple of local children, the same age as my son, were killed and I felt awful. It is a big reminder not to take our families for granted
                Cathy xx
                http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

I agree with everything everyone else has said. There is nothing you can do or say but the card you are sending sounds just right.

The fact this has knocked you for six doesn't make you selfish it just showes your empathy, that you have a big heart and you care about people even if you don't know them very well.
                  www.mummycupcake.misi.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mummycupcake/

Comment

Originally posted by mummycupcake View Post
                    The fact this has knocked you for six doesn't make you selfish it just showes your empathy, that you have a big heart and you care about people even if you don't know them very well.
                    Absolutely, it's called empathy and if more people had it the world would be a better place. I think what you've written in the card sounds just right.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

What devastating news!! It's normal you feel the way you do. A neighbour of mine to whom I talk plenty had her baby boy in Aug 28th and he had heart problems. He died 10 days later in his mum's heart. When I went upstairs to see her I was distraught and in tears and I still flood into tears when I think of it or see her out of my window.
                      Absolutely devastating news. As other people have said, it makes you realise how much you take everybody around you for granted.
                      I think your card sounds very appropiate.
                      Monica
                      Your mind, like a parachute, works better when it's open.

Comment

Tragic

It is very sad to read this thread and know that some of us have been touched by sadness this way, one of my daughter's school friends was murdered a few years ago and it is hard to even think about it and I am unsure how a child can process losing a friend. At the time my daughter didn't want to talk about it very much and still hasn't.
                        However when my husband died suddenly, two years ago, we were able to talk about it a great deal and we still do because sometimes grief catches you unawares and it needs to be expressed.
                        Sending you my love.
                        Chris W.
                        x
                        Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

When tragedy strikes as close as this, one is forced to face up to how frail and vulnerable we humans are. The loss of a family member is always sad but the lose of a child is unbearable, they are our future and supposed to outlive us. My heart, as I am sure everyone elses, goes out to the family.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

It is awful...the 17 year old daughter of a good friend of mine died suddenly just a few weeks ago because if diabetes related complications. I got the chance to meet her just before she died as I was out in the USA, and she was a lovely kid...troubled, but lovely. Her mom's still trying to cope with the whole thing and I feel totally useless because I'm not there to comfort her in person. Death is tragic at any age, but especially so with kids

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                              The loss of a family member is always sad but the lose of a child is unbearable, they are our future and supposed to outlive us.
                              "No-one ever expects to have to bury their kids - they're supposed to bury us".

They were the words I remember hearing my dad say when my 14 year old brother died over 30 years ago. He died in a road accident - not the usual run of the mill get knocked over type of accident. Oh no - my brother went one better than that! He and his mates had a "tarzan" type swing rigged up to swing out over a very busy road and they took it in turns to swing out over the cars. When my brother's turn came round, it wasn't a car but a transit van. He hit the van and never regained conciousness.

I speak from experience when I say that however trivial it seems to send a card in tragic circumstances like these, it does help most people. We received literally hundreds of sympathy cards and letters from family, friends, neighbours and even from strangers, all of which were put in a huge cardboard box and stashed away at the bottom of the wardrobe in the spare bedroom. My dad was distraught and we weren't allowed to discuss my brother or even mention his name for a long time as he just couldn't bear to have to think about him.

About 7 or 8 years after my brother's death, I remember wondering where my dad was one day when he had disappeared upstairs. Mum went up to find dad in the spare bedroom surrounded by the cards and letters that had been hidden away years before.

Dad was overwhelmed by the thought that so many people cared enough to take the time to send their condolences. It took him a lot of years to learn how to cope with his grief but he got there in the end and he did take comfort from reading those cards and letters eventually.
                              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                              X