Was So Upset but Happier Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was So Upset but Happier Now

I want to say how happy I am to have found this forum and I'm so glad I joined as everyone seems so friendly A few people have PMed me and asked about the horrible experience I had on the other forum and told me that it's lovely here so thank you to those of you.

I was so upset at how I was treated on this other forum which I won't name and seeing as people asked I thought maybe I should warn others especially as I recognise some names here from over there too.

As you'll realize when you get to know me more I do like to speak my mind and maybe my sence of humour takes a little getting used to but I don't think theres any reason for someone to be so rude. I made a little joke on there about how their moderators would soon outnumber the normal members and got banned. And the reason given for banning me? For being a c**k. I've never been so insulted in my life and it actually reduced me to tears which isn't like me at all - tough as old boots me! Not that I'd ever want to go back anyway but what made me so mad was I couldn't even defend myself

If I'm not allowed to post this here then please can one of the Moderators remove it and let me know why. I'm more used to a footy forum where you can say what you think so maybe craft forums are different.

Anyway thanks for listening and maybe this will explain why I was so cautious joining in here but I see some other Yorkshire lads and lasses here so hopefully our humour is tolerated a bit more.

I was on a forum where anything that anybody fairly new said, the people who had been on there the longest just completely annihilated them for the littlest things like spelling mistakes and and recommending things that nobody else would use, it was awful, i got reported and i wasn't even sure why, that's why i joined this one, i could tell by the threads and posts that everyone was going to be friendly. I'm already addicted to it!
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hi Sarah
      We moderate carefully on here. If people spam then depending on the level and what our detective work finds out, then they either get a warning or an outright ban.
      If people make a comment that we feel is rude or innapropriate we'd tend to delete it or give a warning to the member. but we tell them why.
      As a fellow yorkshire woman, I know what that Yorkshire sense of humour is like, It's landed me in it a few times.
      I think you'll find that us mods are quite a fair bunch. If you are unsure about anything just PM us.
      hope you have a great time on here.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
        i could tell by the threads and posts that everyone was going to be friendly. I'm already addicted to it!

glad you like it here!

Comment

Sara, you're welcome here. I've an idea which forum you mean, but in keeping with the new nicer me I'll hold my tongue. I think the problem with smaller forums is that they become far too cliquey and it can be difficult to be accepted, I have to say, I've been pretty harsh to 'idiots', but I can't remember ever swearing at anyone - even the banned ones! Don't worry too much about it, you're a long way from getting banned here!

Comment

Hi...
            Sorry to here about your run in with the "law"
            Glad you've found us
            Jode
            x
            To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
            http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
            Jode
            x

Comment

The past......

Put it behind you.... move on....... have fun here with all of us. Just think of all those new 'crafty' (like to make stuff not as in sly(you've got me feeling all defensive now! oh dear!)), friends you can meet and make. They smile, laugh and seem to know a lot too!
              Julia

Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
              Facebook:
              https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
              Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by saraS View Post
                And the reason given for banning me? For being a c**k. I've never been so insulted in my life and it actually reduced me to tears which isn't like me at all - tough as old boots me! Not that I'd ever want to go back anyway but what made me so mad was I couldn't even defend myself
                They actually called you that?!! That's terrible. What an awful example of moderating! I'm not surprised that you were a little reluctant when you joined here. I can assure you that none of us here have 'little dictator' complex (as demonstrated by the previous person who banned you) so I hope you feel right at home soon enough.

Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                  I can assure you that none of us here have 'little dictator' complex

Si.
                  eeerrrrrrrr.........................it has been mentioned about me.

Comment

Thanks everyone and to think I was worried my post might be deleted or I'd get banned for putting this up. Yes I think I'm going to like it here

I joined both forums at about the same time but stupidly thought the smaller forum would be better, actually if I'm truthful I was a bit intimidated (yes me!) about posting on such a large forum but I think Peter is right small can sometimes be clicky.

Also I know you said to PM and ask any questions beadsbydesign but I've always wondered this - is being a moderator your actual job that you get paid to do?

Comment

Also I know you said to PM and ask any questions beadsbydesign but I've always wondered this - is being a moderator your actual job that you get paid to do?

Alas no we don't get paid but Mr M (the top bod) is very nice and has been known to buy a glass of wine for a fellow mod
                      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

wouldn't it be lovely to be paid to mod!!!!!! (there's an idea Mr M)

We're not paid. We do it because we believe we believe in the forum. We do it coz we want to keep it fun and friendly and because we get loads out of it too. Most of us have other jobs too. I run a bead store and I also have a jewellery and accessory business. (infact right now, I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to the market tomorrow, but I'm having so much fun on here instead)
                        We become Mods because over time we've shown loyalty to the forum, an ability to spot spam and a sensible adult manner in dealing with people.
                        Mr M is the forum owner. The mods are Natty netty, Swirly arts, Peter, woodtatoos, candles by Lisa, myself, & Seahorse.
                        Small amount of mods in relation to the number of forum members, but the members of the forum give us help by reporting spam and iffy posts.

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                          Alas no we don't get paid but Mr M (the top bod) is very nice and has been known to buy a glass of wine for a fellow mod

What's this? Mod heirarchy?

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                            What's this? Mod heirarchy?
                            well if you come and see me then i'll buy you a glass or bottle

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

One day!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X