Lost my crafting get up and go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my crafting get up and go

I have a jumper on the needles half done for my son some socks I started and pulled out.

I got a set of hat blocks for my birthday they are sitting in the box unused.

I have made 2 a few customer fasinators but 1 I had a total mental block on and had to call my mam to finish it

I'm doing a fasinator for a friend now but honestly I don't know what has happened to me oh its not helped by the fact my son decided to ruin a nearly finished hat yesterday by jumping on my bed

Does anyone else get massive blocks like this?
    My hats can be seen in my album

Yeah, it happens to us all.

Put your feet up with a glass of wine (maybe in the afternoon though, it's a bit early for the drink just now!) or a cup of tea, pick up your favourite craft magazine and eat a packet of biscuits............ works for me every time, minus the biscuits I have the sugar diabetes
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
      Yeah, it happens to us all.

Put your feet up with a glass of wine (maybe in the afternoon though, it's a bit early for the drink just now!) or a cup of tea, pick up your favourite craft magazine and eat a packet of biscuits............ works for me every time, minus the biscuits I have the sugar diabetes

I wish I'm on a starvation diet to night out this week and my dresses won't zip up this block has been going on since January on and off. I did knit my son a EVE as he is Wall-e mad but that is about it, it was my first time at making a pattern as well
      My hats can be seen in my album

Comment

I think this happens to as all, so you are not alone! Sometimes these blocks last for months and other times it may only be a day or two. I'm slowly starting to go with the flow and accept that there are times when I should just back away from my craft desk and find something else to do instead! Don't worry, you will get your "Ooomph" back!

I do sympathise with you having a little one jumping around near your stuff. Every time my four come anywhere near me whilst I'm working I start squawking at them not to touch anything and my stress levels rocket at the thought of them putting a greasy finger on anything!

Starvation doesn't help either! You need to feed your brain. You need cream cakes and choccy biccies (and a new dress)!
        Natalie
        website blog

Comment

I haven't made any cards for weeks due to the school holidays and being too busy with my day job. I like to spread out and work at the dining room table and it's virtually impossible with 3 kids bouncing around, asking questions and wanting to join in. I then end up helping with theirs instead. Mind you, in a few years I could have a production line going!
          Gail.
          http://www.stallfinder.com
          Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

I think we all get this from time to time, I agree I just back off now and do not force the issue, as this makes me less inclined. I spend time just sitting and going through all my scrapbooks (I take pictures, colour combinations, ideas in fact anything I like the look of, out of magazines and collect) they offer good inspiration when my creativity is running on low. Go for a walk this can also help, clear your head and be enjoyable whllst thinking about new projects.

Start a brand new project, something you have never done before, however, small this can also get you back on track.

Just chill

Comment

Your're definitely not on your own with this - it happens to me too. I find the only thing that works for me is to get as far away from my craft shed and computer as I can - the best thing I have found is we take our dogs to the beach for the day ( north east coast ) - i love to look out to sea it really clears my mind. When I get back I'm raring to get to work. Works every time.
              by Nicki
              www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

The long school holiday doesn't help. I find when I get a block its best for me to make a few tried and tested simple pieces of jewellery so that at least I am adding to my stock. Otherwise as others have suggested try flicking through fashion mags or go to the library and have a look there for inspiration. I am sure it will all come back to you soon.
                www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Hi Manda - hope you get your get up and go back soon. As the others have said, we all suffer like that from time to time and I suppose we each have our own solutions. Cakes and wine sounds good to me!!!!!!!! Good luck.
                  Cynthia
                  http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

yes i can feel one coming up myself, i think its because i've been soo busy over the summer months, ready for a break.

Comment

I don't have half projects around as much as i used to. Although i do know that i have got a few kits of Cross stitch still unfinished but not really into that at the mo.

I think with cards you make them as you need them all the time and very rare you don't finish them off. Having saying that though i have had to make a couple of 'with sympathy' cards today as a very close friend of the family died last night - not easy to make best of times - and i have done them - will post them on here when i get the hang of posting pics - but havent done the verses inside i am stuck on that side of things. Perhaps after a good night's sleep it may help?

Catch you later

Christine
                      www.coshamcraftyclub.co.uk
                      www.scrapbookgetaways.co.uk
                      www.learntoscrap.co.uk

Comment

Sometimes I'm flooded with ideas and dont have enough time to do them all so I've learnt to write them down and keep them for a time when my mojo goes AWOL ! Quite often I have several projects on the go too and find that I swap from one to another depending on which I fancy doing that day !
                        Mel

Comment

If I'm a bit stuck for inspiration I go and buy some beads!! Then I can't wait to get them home and spread them all out and start playing! Silly really but I find it really helps. We have just got back from Cornwall and as soon as I'm sorted I'm getting my new beads that I bought there out to play! I also bought a 'slice' of agate which I'm hoping hubby can drill a hole in to make a pendant, anyone done this? Selina

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                            I also bought a 'slice' of agate which I'm hoping hubby can drill a hole in to make a pendant, anyone done this? Selina
                            Agate slices drill quite easily. You need to use a diamond burr or diamond shank drill bit (you can get them from B&Q), drill on a slow speed and keep it wet and don't go straight through from one side to the other - drill from both sides to (hopefully) meet in the middle as this will prevent the slice from shattering. Hope this helps.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Do you need to put a bit of tape on before drilling, like you do on a tile, or is it safe to drill direct onto the slice?
                              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                              X