Oh dear what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear what should i do

My daughter as listed some of the items i make on ebay.
    Last edited by Snow angel; 20-11-2008, 10:30 PM.

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Yes!!! emiai her straight away!!! Don't be iintimidated!!!! You know you have done nothing wrong. People can have the same ideas, does she think she is that unique?????? Stand your ground!! Good luck!! Sue xx
    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Just had a look at the other lady's listings and she dosnt have 1 listed so i dont know what she is going on about

Comment

I agree with SusieQ. You havent done anything wrong and if you have been making them for two years - you may well ask her where did she get the idea from for making hers!?!?.
        by Nicki
        www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

She as just posted on ebay
          Last edited by Snow angel; 20-11-2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Report her to ebay, and copyright of something is very hard when it comes to design all you have to do is add a pink dot some where and its not the same, i had a friend who was a tattooist, he drew wonderful drawings and all because another tattooist gave Long hair or added a flower it changed his design. So even if the cake had a slightly different way to it she would be hard pressed to challenge you.

I would tell her naff off and i would also report her to ebay for harassment as surely she should of approached ebay first. I'm sure they wont appreciate their site being used for daft allegations.

As an off chance if you wanted to shut he up, did you post it on here or on a blog or on an email any time in the past, i would send her a copy of a link if so.

I'm guessing she is stressing as her sales are down and trying to protect what she thinks is her pitch .... on the world wide web lololo
            busy woman

Comment

Last edited by Snow angel; 20-11-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I'd ignore her for the time being but keep a record of any emails she sends you as you could get her banned for harrassment.

Although its not nice, try not to worry about it - have you seen the amount of card toppers that are the same on ebay?!!

Comment

I agree with Tiptop! Keep a record of emails, but take no notice at present and see what happens next.

If you havent copied her (and her ebay listings will confirm this) she has no grounds to complain anyway.

Good luck!
                  With love
                  Em
                  xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
                  www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
                  http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

I wouldn't worry, I assume that she hasn't registered the design, therefore, even if you had copied it, she has no comeback!
                    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Grr some people eh?! I made a card the other and was having a nose at ebay to see what people were selling and saw one basically the same as I had made but I dont care and certainly wouldnt email someone who had the same design as me as am sure there are lots of other cards out there the same as I have made - thats life.

Maybe contact ebay and tell them of the emails she is sending you as that really isnt on

xxHannah

Comment

I sell on etsy and this is an issue that comes up ALL the time! She has no comeback at all. I personally would ignore it - you dont want to become involved in some silly heated discussion with her - its not worth it. If she continues to email then just report her. x
                        www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                        http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Lots of good advice here already that I agree with. Its a shame she has picked on you but dont worry too much about it - chin up !
                          Mel

Comment

All sounds good. Ignore her and she might go away. I'm sure it'll all blow over.
                            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

You will be dealt with????????????????
                              Who on earth does she think she is???????????????
                              Tell her to get lost and send her a solicitors letter if she persists.
                              Shall we all go round and biff her one?????????????????
                              http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X